Friday, December 19, 2008

Vaccination Problems (Aug. 9, 2006)

RE: from cameo
Wednesday, August 9, 2006 2:31 PM
From:
"loree baird"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"Malcolm Butler"
I just wanted to let you know I got this. I didn't know it's not private, bc I asked someone if others could answer for you or access your account and they said no, so I didn't know. I'm not as upset now but would like to discuss some things. I was very frustrated. My main concern right now is that Oliver's had constipation/diarrea (msp) since his shots. He goes 2-3 days no poop and then has a huge diaper full of runny stuff. My friend took a photo I'll send. I don't think I'm getting him immunized at his 4 mo. visit. bc of concerns. I met a lady at Starbucks who worked for a pediatrician in New England (but she is recently from Scotland) and is against all immunizations; she is giving me a book about it. I read in a 1989 "What to Expect the First Year" that an adverse reaction from HibB is diarrea. At any rate, I'm thinking I'll delay all further shots until he is older unless there is something that can't be put off and done later. I don't want him in a daycare anyway.
Cameo
Shit is on the way.

Malcolm Butler wrote:

Again, you sound upset, and we should discuss all of these issues in person.

I feel like we have discussed things and agreed on them together. I feel like I trust you. I thought that you did not want to pick up your prescriptions only once a month, since when you did you went through the pills too fast.

As always I am happy to discuss all of these things with you, but I reserve the right to practice medicine the way that I think is safest and best for you.

I am happy to communicate with you by email, but not when there are delicate issues involved. Email is not private. It is only as confidential as a post card. Some clinics have a very secure system which allows confidential communication, but we do not.

Also, I have learned that two humans cannot communicate well by email when there are emotions involved. Thus if I perceive you to be frustrated, upset, or angry, I will ask that we discuss things in person.

Malcolm Butler M.D.
Malcolm Butler M.D.
Medical Director
Columbia Valley Community Health
(509) 662-6000
mbutler@cvch.org

No comments: