Friday, December 19, 2008

CIA and Abnormal Pain (May 31, 2006)

Flag this message
CIA, Photos, and Oliver
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 3:03 PM
From:
"loree baird"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
eaglelaw@qwest.net, dick.whittemore@bullivant.com, dslader@spiritone.com
Okay, so he cries sometimes when I change his diaper. Now he does. But he smiles a lot. And it's NOT gas. Today I leaned over him when he was half-asleep and grunting and said, "Well hello there Mr. Grumpy!" in a sing-song voice with a big smile. His eyes were partially open. I said, "Well, you're not grumpy exactly...Mr. Grunt-y...!" And he got a big smile on his face and looked at me and then stoplped and then when I repeated this, he smiled again. ANd he chortles in his sleep. Just starts laughing really hard out loud. And twice he has let out a bloody murder scream in the middle of his dream, that freaked me out. He's 90th percentile for height, 80th for weight, and 50th or 60th for head, as of a few days ago.

I'm exhausted and still suffering but got the catheter out. The urologist tells me first, before tryign it "out", that if I still don't have function, he'll just leave it in for another 3 months and then run tests, because there's no cure anyway. I was so SO depressed to hear that, and shocked. Then, whe I had "peed enough" to have it out, and told if I couldn't do the rest at home, to check back into the hospt., I burst into tears. The urologist just left the room, without a word. "Surgeons" said my primaryu care doctor. My dentist and his wife are getting ready to try for kids and at my appointment I said, "I highly recommnend adoption" and told him my story, in a flat tone. He was laughing so hard he kept apologizing, and really lost it when I got to the part about carrying a bag of urine around my leg. I wasn't even trying to be funny. It's just that, I guess, my life has gone past tragedy to comedy. So bad, it's funny. ha. ha.

I still have to take painkillers for multiple reasons. I took photos of Oliver's head the other day, when the scabs were still visible. I forgot to take photos when it looked really bad, but thought if there is any future damage, I wanted proof of what it looked like 10 days after birth. And then, I later took photos of myself "down there". And I wish I could develop those on my own, in a private darkroom. I think I'll drop off the film and have someone else pick it up.

I met an activist. Who knows retired CIA people in the area. Who knows, mabye I'll be meeting the CIA next. The guy I met has a fascinating book list and we had a good conversation. He's written and published in the NYT on issues. And he's a linguist and knows about 5 languages and his group in the area is composwed of other linguists. He recommended I look into employment with the embassy, which he said is the best deal for CIA type work.

Well, who knows.

Oh, and the "back pain" I was having in pregnancy, at the end, which required narcotics...Well, that was right before I had premature labor, and I was treated for a kidney infection at the hospital, which causes preterm labor, and I was given antibiotics and penicillin, and, a symptom is severe back pain, exactly where I was having it. I was complaining about this pain for weeks. Now I have other pelvic pain which requires narcotics and I'm telling you, I'd better get an MRI for this, because once again, my intuition tells me it's not "normal"

No comments: