Wednesday, December 24, 2008

CPS Stalls on Visitation (Feb. 22, 2008)

I tried to see my son right away and CPS told me I could only visit my son if I quit my job and moved back to Wenatchee and had their psych eval. I said I wanted to see my son ASAP and that I needed two days together so I didn't miss a lot of work. Marie stalled on everything and I wanted her removed. Wenatchee CPS did nothing about it and refused to get back to me about it:


RE: visits‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Fri 2/22/08 7:10 PM
To: Scanlon, Marie (scnl300@dshs.wa.gov)
Attachments: 1 attachment(s) Antivirus scanning by Trend Micro
image001.jpg (2.2 KB)

I'll talk to you about visitation on Monday. I have NOT been told what the process for having you removed is. No one has answered my questions about this and I've left several messages with Jennifer. As for discovery, any and all discovery should come to me as long as I am pro se. I have a right to know what the discovery is, and when I hire an attorney, I will pass it on to him/her.

Subject: visits
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:02:15 -0800
From: SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov
To: cameocares@live.com

Cameo –



I hear you that it’s difficult to manage traveling and a job between dealing with our system. So let me help you.



I would really like to talk with you about your visits. They are currently set up for next Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 – 11:30 am. I might be able to change one of the days so they are back to back and you won’t have to stay in Wenatchee as long. I can help pay for a hotel even if you don’t have a place to stay. I need to talk to you to get this stuff straightened out and make sure that you can come and see your son. Your aunt will be bringing him to our office on Tuesday.



Visitations can be and sometimes are arranged in places other than my office. However, we usually work up to that. We almost always have initial visits here at our office. How quickly we change where they are depends on how the initial visits go.



I know you have requested a new worker and I believe my supervisor has talked with you about that in the past. She is also sending a letter to you to further clarify our process for that. As of right now, I am still the social worker and I will continue to attempt to work with you.



Please let me know when you have a lawyer set up and what their name and address is as I have Discovery that I need to send to them.



I will talk to you on Monday when I am back in the office.





Have a great day!



Marie Scanlon

Social Worker III

Wenatchee DCFS

(509) 667-6142

No comments: