Thursday, December 25, 2008

Didn't Want Paul Cassel 2 (March 16, 2008)

Re: Looking‏
From: dicksiedael@aol.com
Sent: Sun 3/16/08 2:26 PM
To: cameocares@live.com
Cameo, I'm not even going to respond to your earlier notes except to say that in spite of all the things you say and think, I love you and wish the best for you now and always. However, that doesn't mean I will do everything you wish...now or in the future.

We have already paid money to Mr. Beaty and HE is THE attorney YOU wanted. I understand that you are now having second thoughts and don't apparently any longer have confidence in him. I will say, though, in his behalf, that not many attorneys would send their secretarys to pick you up and provide you with transportation. He did not get paid for that and in fact does pay his secretary .. ..to type, etc...not drive clients.
Anyhow, that aside, he may ...or may not...be the best option. But as far as we are concerned, now that we are into it, he is the ONLY option....he and Paul Cassell. As you say, you are an adult. You can make your own decisions. We have tried to support/help you in those decisions which is why we've spent money on him already. You can choose, now, to go another direction. However, we just want to be plain and have you understand, that if you do, in fact, go another direction, you do it on your own. We won't be paying towards another attorney. Also, if you DO decide to stick with Mr Beaty and Mr Cassel, we won't continue with any other financial help in that direction, either, if you choose to disregard their advice.



-----Original Message-----
From: cam huegenot
To: dicksiedael@aol.com
Sent: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 1:21 pm
Subject: Looking


I'm spending today looking for lawyers who are in Seattle, specifically
experienced to handle family law and dependency. Paul Cassell, the PD in
Wenatchee, is a BANKRUPTCY lawyer. I didn't find out until FRIDAY, when Mr.
Beaty told me, he's only done a handful of dependency cases. Like, 3. All his
experience is elsewhere which is why he maybe doesn't get what's going on
entirely and thinks pro se is fine, and that he might have a hard time getting
change of venue. And I heard from a family advocate in Bellingham that he
wasn't very zealous. She said the PDs in Bellingham are bigger fighters than
what she's seen from Beaty. http://www.lawyers.com/Washington/Seattle/Carey-and-Lillevik,-PLLC-3919750-f.html

Here is a link from one of the firms I've contacted/sent an email to.

I wanted you to know, if I DON"T get a continuance to find a lawyer to REPRESENT
me at THIS contested shelter care hearing, the Judge can refuse to give change
of venue later, especially if I'm already entering documents into the record in
Wenatchee. ALSO, if I go pro se at this hearing, I'll lose Oliver for possibly
several months, to stay with Holly, even up to 6 months until the fact finding
(which is going to take a ton of time to prepare for) and in the meantime, the
Judge can tell me, effective after the hearing this week, that I am ORDERED to
submit to a psychological evaluation by the state. I will have NO attorney or
representation fighting for my rights and saying Oliver should be with me NOW
and not with another family for months, and no one will be standing up for me,
saying I should be allowed to wait to submit to mental evaluation until my
private attorney does his own independent one first, and other testing.

The judge can order anything he wants at this next hearing, and I don't have a
lawyer to represent me. I need continuance and I have good cause, because Beaty
didn't even TELL US that he wanted me to go pro se until last minute, when it
was too late and that's not fair to us.

No comments: