Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lawyer Says CPS Conduct "Unusual" (Feb. 29, 2008)

RE: Lawyer's Fees for Bob Beaty‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Fri 2/29/08 2:31 PM
To: dicksiedael@aol.com


This lawyer doesn't just want money. The other guy you liked so well, Belanger wanted THREE times as much to do the SAME thing. And you didn't think HE was just after money.

This guy didn't say "I think CPS is trying to break the bond", he said what they were doing was unusual. Visitations are within a day or two of request and DON"T take that long to schedule. He KNOWS because he's been doing this kind of law for 37 years.

He's worked as an investigator for the Army, and he has done law for 37 years. ALSO, since he's former Army, and high rank, HE might be able to get the radiation testing for me at a better deal. The only place in the U.S. that does it is an institute run by the ARMY, in Bethesda, Maryland. It's a radiology/nuclear institute and they do the same thing. If he has any pull as a former Army man, he might be able to get testing done for me in the U.S., which would save a trip to France if you have to be there in person.

I think we should definitely go with Beaty.

I didn't say I would NOT do a mental health evaluation. I just said I won't do it FIRST, before the mental health evaluation. I want the radiation testing first, and then I will be more than happy to do any and every mental health exam they want to do, private and state. I'll do anything, and even comply with treatment plans, if there are any, if I first have appropriate testing for radiation.
________________________________
> From: Dicksiedael@aol.com
> Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:53:24 -0500
> Subject: Re: Lawyer's Fees for Bob Beaty
> To: cameocares@live.com
>
> Cameo,
> I just read your notes. Some of this sounds really "fishy" to me. Especially your last paragraph here about what the attorney said to you. Sounds to ME like he's just pandering to what you think in order to get your...or our...money.
> To say cps is trying to break the bond you have so they can adopt him out...that's just nonsense and it really, really makes me doubt anything else this guy would say. For starters, I know cps would have had you here Tuesday, and they, in fact, likely would have been doing things sooner if you'd had an attorney to arrange it...even court-appt'd. Last Friday, they were making the arrangements. Holly has only HAD him 2 1/2 weeks...not a month, and they brought him to her right away. She got him on a Sunday. This one will be 3 weeks, but if you'd made the Tues. appt, it would have only been slightly over 2 weeks since....and they pretty much had things 'in motion' on Friday, at least.
> Pamela Coffel was saying to contact her much, much sooner, and I think it certainly is possible...not for sure, but possible, 'part' of that could have been to discuss visitation. Oh, in fact, yes, Holly said that Pamela came to her house to bring copy of the order and said she told Holly to tell me to tell you she "needs to contact me to get visitation set up, we can't do anyting till she calls".
> so, Cameo, it's NOT them that has just been delaying. The fact this attorney is talking about them trying to break the bond, adopt him out...whoa, I'm getting serious vibes against this guy for comments like that.
>
> Holly has told me how he was at the visit. It is NOT anything anyone has 'done' to him . If he has been traumatized, maybe it's the combination of everything. And that includes you hauling him off to Canada and the two of you being out of your surroundings, then him being taken by strangers, then sent to Holly's, etc. BUT, NOBODY has 'tried' to break any bonds. For heaven's sake, the only persons really spending time with him is Holly's family...and what could THEY 'do' to do that? I mean, they're certainly not going to 'convince him' of things. Do you mean just by 'being good to him'?
> Would you want them to be otherwise? I do think he's been confused and upset and what all, but it does not mean that he's not well cared for and loved by Holly and family. I just think he's still young, and hadn't seen you for a couple of weeks, and has formed an attachment with Holly. Doesn't mean he loves her more; and certainly NOT like anyone is trying to achieve that.
>
> As to bruises, Holly said he did fall into her cast iron stove...fell by the corner of it. Hey, boys, and babies, fall, play, get hurt. Surley you aren't implying abuse???? Holly has gone OUT OF HER WAY to take care of him, for his sake and yours. She did not 'want' to be caring for a two year old but wanted you to feel comfortable with where he was and cares about him and you. Loren and Pat, as I said, were willing to take him and care for him, and cps was all set to do that, but because dad and I thought you would hate that, we talked to pamela and I'd talked to Holly and we helped to get him with her instead of Loren and Pat. WE would have taken him, and they'd have let us, except we are in another state and it takes like six months to get approval for someone in another state. Levi and Carmen were also contacted by cps, but since both work full-time and it's farther away if you had come back to wenatchee (nobody knew then that you wouldn't), it was decided to be either Loren or Holly as cps first choice was "family". We pushed for Holly and they went with that. We thought that would be a comfort for you inasmuch as you would know he'd at least be in good hands if he couldn't be in your hands.
>
> I called the ACLU in Seattle and they had no information of the sort you mentioned. The gal I checked with talked to someone else, and they said they're willing to accept complaints, but have nothing indicating a previous 'situation' where the judicial or legal system in Wenatchee is under supervision or review due to complaints or allegations by them. I called around noon today and talked to someone IN Seattle.
>
> I'm in Cashmere now..actually staying with Holly so as to spend some time with Oliver. He's doing great...happy, eating well, and I didn't say anything to her, but Holly DOES sit with him when he's eating. She rocks him to sleep for his naps and bed. He has big smiles, etc. We did have one incident here where he tried to follow me up the carpeted stairs. I didn't have the gate latched good enough at the bottom...just a bit ago,....and he got about halfway up and then fell down...sliding on tummy to bottom. I was terrified, but he seems fine except he looks like he may have 'a shiner'. He probably WILL have a bruise or two now when you next see him, but that is my fault for not having that gate latched better. Anyway, he seems to be doing very well. ...and as to your concerns about his eating, he's eating LOTS. I think he just has a big appetite. And Holly has several things she has bought for him just because he likes them...tomatoes, etc.
>
> I just found out Marie is coming out this afternoon, so I will get to meet her. I'm going to see what she has to say about some of the things you mentioned.
> I also called public defenders and there are THREE private law offices that handle Douglas county public defense...but also do private practice. There's a Bryant (woman), Cassell, and Barker for Doug. co. I'm just getting facts at this point, will get back to you later today because i agree, too much time has gone by and need to get on one ball or another.
>
> As to you not doing evaluation without radiation testing. I am not going to pay $1,000 'euros' for that...aaaaand a flight to france? No way. I guess if you want it, you do it, but we aren't paying it. If it was sending a fingernail somewhere for a couple hundred, maybe ...but not that. If that means you will not do the mental eval. or would not even try meds IF the doctor recommended it, then I see no reason to pay anything towards any of it since I doubt that you'll get him back without the evaluation. It sounds like you have only one issue in mind, the radiation issue, and that's not addressing other issues.
> Anyhow, we are "not" paying for a flight to France and over $1,000 for something like that. If you found something in the states, maybe they could receive a blood sample sent to them, but I have no idea what even THAT would cost.
>
> I do NOT think cps had adequate cause to remove Oliver. I DO think they had cause to maybe put some conditions on you...like helping you to learn to keep a clean house, etc. You have never done that, and you weren't doing that even in your apartment...and had things there that could pose a danger of sorts which didn't seem to concern you. You do need to do better in that regard and there ARE people who could work with you to teach you ways to do it.
>
> Well, I've got to run for now, but will be back in touch. Again, I am very nervous that this guy you've found (atty) just wants your dollars...and I don't like THAT one little bit. Someone like that will tell you just what he thinks you want to hear, and that gives me no confidence in him. period. I'm trying to get facts, then will get back to you. Love, mom

No comments: