Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lawyer Says I'll Lose Oliver if I Lose Fact Finding (March 3, 2008)

RE: Attorney? Testing?‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Mon 3/03/08 10:23 PM
To: dicksiedael@aol.com


Hi,

I want to say thank you soooo much to you and Dad because I feel a huge weight is off my shoulders. I mean, I'm still not sleeping and I'm stressed out, but I could feel an instant relief in giving some of this over to Beaty. He will take the case. I think he's confident about it, though cautious, where the other guy wasn't into it. Also, I thought you'd like to know the secretary who I had such a good impression from, is a christian and invited me to her church (did you say something to Beaty about this?) and she said she doesn't know but thinks that he may also be a christian. Also, a postman came into their office and left me with his church's name. He also hit on me when he came into the office. Anyway, thought you guys would like to know.

I don't know how "good" this guy is really, but I have a good feeling about his office and how they operate. He knows a lot and has a lot of experience and I think they'll be good. Also, he wanted me to type up some stuff confidentially in his office where he felt it might be more "secure". He also totally agrees the radiation testing must be done because he said it would be impossible to do a professional or thorough evaluation from anyone if we didn't first rule this out. Or get a positive proof, which he pretty much agrees would be a huge and major way to get Oliver back and explain why I was so ill, too ill and in too much pain to even clean.

He thinks it will be hard to get change of venue, but thinks it's probably necessary, given how things are going over there. He said they will want to keep their hands on it where they feel they can control it. The more prejudiced they actually are, the more they'll want to hold onto it.

It's going to cost a lot of money he said, but he said this case is extremely complicated and is sure I would lose without good representation and money for testing. He said without money for these thing, or if I were going with court appointed, which has less money or might not do all the testing, and definitiely not have the time, it would be precarious (which I knkow already). He said even with private representation, this case is looking like being resolved in possibly 8 months to 1 year. He wants to get the testing for radiation done ASAP and also then the psychological testing too. He agrees that without the radiation testing, any psychologist would have to simply take my statements about exposure and use them to confirm I was mentally ill, pretty much. I mean, without any other alternative. So, it actually HAS to be done, one way or the other, to get an accurate picture of what's going on.

He gave me a list of how much it would cost and what he would want/need from me (us) to be successful. I will type out what he wrote right here below:


He wrote:

1. I will accept this case on the following conditions:

a. Payment of $5,000 for fees to be earned; when this account is down to $1,000 it will be refurbished so there is always at least $2,000 in reserves;

b. Additional legal fees will be provided to obtain associate legal counsel in Ellensburg should one be necessary up to $2,000;

c. Funds will be advanced to pay for a psychological evaluation by either Dr. Zold or Dr. Nyblade estimated at $2,000 to $3,000;

d. Funds will be advanced to pay for the French (or other...I added this mom and dad, this part in parentheses) blood test regarding the microwave theory;

e. Funds will be advanced for the benefit of the client so that she may obtain an apartment ($2,000 to cover first and last and damage deposit);

f. Client will have a car;

g. Client will maintain a job;

h. I am given full access to all medical and computer records.

2. For the $500 I will review the dependency documents, contact the AG to get a "lay of the land" report and assist the client to file a response to the Petition.

3. I cannot be prepared to do a fact finding hearing on 3/13/08 (would ask for continuance...this is my added part)



He basically said they'll be able to keep him for the contested shelter thing, most likely, because they've listed enough "facts" true or not. He said the judge will likely go with it and then set up for fact finding. He said under no circumstances can I afford to LOSE fact finding. I would most likely be set up to permanently losing Oliver in that case. So he would fight hard against this.

I think we can trust him enough for this but tell me what you're thinking too. I DO value your opinion on things and want your input.

I didn't ask him about an apartment and car and stuff, he just wrote that because I think he feels it puts me in a position to show I can take care of my own family so it helps me.

I'm checking on whether microwave radiation can be measured in blood. The radiation tests are accurate from several months to several years, the french guy said, but I'm checking into the exact procedure and if it's applicable for other types of radiation. He also brought the cost down to $400 euros and I'm not sure why. He also said I'd have to have a doctor's prescription, but I think the psychologist would give that, that this lawyer uses.

I really do need sleeping pills. I'm a wreck at night. I make it through the day fine, but I'm a wreck otherwise. I think you're worried I'm going to turn into an addict on them or take too many but I'm not. I took only a half of one most nights, and just ran out recently. But could you send some more please? I don't want to go on ANY kind of state assistance because I think it will set me back and be used against me and I don't want to be involved with the state anymore than is necessary.

And yes, like I said, I have agreed to all your conditions you told me about, except I do NOT agree to have CPS do the house inspections or anyone related to them. You seemed to be okay with that. Someone else can do it, but I don't want CPS in my life or in my house and they are NOT "a friend" or helping hand. Anyway, send me the contract if you want and I'll sign it. I know that you knew when I agreed over the phone, that I don't agree to things unless I mean it and I'm a woman of my word. So I haven't backed out or down. Like you know, once I make up my mind or give a decision, I stick to it and I'm committed to what you asked for in return.

Love,

Cameo

No comments: