Friday, December 19, 2008

music today and choosing computer for deserted island

"time after time" by cyndi lauper. now listened to eva cassidy's version and it's a really beautiful interpretation, and it's LIVE, and she's doing a good job--"time after time". listened to "songbird" by eva cassidy, another good song. oh, i found another live performance that's good, of "somewhere over the rainbow" by cassidy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUwTdqPkluY&NR=1

I don't know why, but I kept getting really poor performance clips of her before. these are all good.

I'm going to get some coffee.

Nope. I guess I'm not. It's pouring rain outside.

So everyone was taking turns on the computer and now it's my turn. I played Janis Joplin's "Cry Baby" and it always puts a smile on my face. I think I'll be online today, with the rain. Listening to Aretha Franklin's "Baby I Love You". I love singing this one. "ooooh, little boy, you're gonna get it."

"Angel" by Natasha Bedingfield.

I told my roommates last night or the night before, "I think, if I had to go to a deserted island, and I could either choose to take a person with me, or a computer with lifelong internet, I would seriously choose the computer."

They laughed. I thought about it, and yes, I am totally serious. With just one other person, you'd get bored. That person is not going to be able to provide you with music, good reading, the news, and communication with others. Basically, the only thing you could do with that person that you can't do online, is have sex. And yes, I would be sad about missing that, but on the other hand, if all I had in the world was just one other person, I'd probably kill them off after a few months and that's no good. To stay sane, I would want to be connected, by internet, to the rest of the world. I wonder how many people would choose internet over a person, if you were stuck on an island? I just figure I could still talk to people, online. I would miss the touch, but anyway. I'm thinking of romantic other though, not like my son or anything. I'd take my son of course. But if you had to choose a significant other or a computer, which would you choose?

I have decided to listen to a bunch of songs entitled "Crazy". lol.

First I was listening to "Crazy" by Patsy Cline and it got cut off so now I'm listening to "Crazy" by ? which starts out, "I remember when, I remember when...I knew too much/does that make me crazy? probably./and all you were having the time of your life/think twice,that's my only advice/come on now, who do you, who do you think you are?/bless your soul, you really think you're in control?/well I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me..." Good song.

Listening to "Goodbye Is All We Have" by Alison Krause and Union Station.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvDaoWrYWxg&NR=1. So good. I could watch Alison sing all day. She is such a wonderful performer, very, very, natural. I sort of even like the way she slouches and her shoulders slope forward. I don't know if it's from playing the violin or what, but it lends to her natural appeal. She can sing and look into the camera like she's singing to her best friend. Really truly amazing this woman.

"Oh Atlanta" is a great song by Union Station
"Baby, Now That I've Found You"...another good one. This is music I can listen to and do research to at the same time...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvKtxTsVoMo&NR=1

Now listening to Brad Paisley, "I'm Gonna Miss Her"

"When I Get Where I'm Going". Good song. Oh! I forgot all about Dolly Parton. I'll have to listen to her next.

No comments: