Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Non-Profit (employment, private law firm, & language)

I am an employment agent. I find work for primarily hispanic workers, and use my translation skills to act as agent and I don't require tons of paperwork and red tape, which keeps some men from finding jobs. I network, and take employees with papers. I eliminate the heavy application process and don't do drug screening, leaving that to the discretion of the employer. U charge a small one-time fee that all the guys think is more than reasonable. I don't charge much, because my intention is not to just support myself, but to help them and establish trust. I know these same people will have my back later.

I saw a bunch of guys standing around without jobs, and saw my new position, right in front of me. There are employment agencies, but they require lots of paperwork. I'm just an employment coyote.

Later, I might ask the companies I've established business with in the past, pay the fee instead of the workers. I'll just headhunt the workers and make sure the fees are not deducted from their salaries. It's a one-time fee for me, whether the company or the employee pays, and I will provide incentives to the employers who do not scrimp with PT and no benefits, but who provide FT work with benefits.

I had guys signing up with me right away. All I need is a name, number, and skills and years of experience, and I'm off to look for work for them.

But for those without papers, I want to have a separate offshoot to help them apply to be legal, and I like the idea of forming revolutionary minded groups, for "change" in immigration and employment laws, to better the lives of those who are often exploited and punished by the system instead of the employer.

I still want a legal non-profit, which will provide first-rate private defense. I don't want it to be volunteer, like these legal aids that only take certain cases that are easy to tie up. I want to bring in fundraising to support some excellent attorneys who will go out, to bat for people as private lawyers, in an experiment at turning the system around, one law and one new case at a time, for purposes of setting precedent and reversing the tide. My non-profit will take on prosecution cases no one else wants to take: RICO for private parties who the government ignores and who can't afford to pay for a good lawyer, Section 1983, and civil rights cases, and it will take on the defense of people who are getting railroaded in the system with lousy public defenders. There will be no conflict of interest because my lawyers will not be getting paid by the state. My lawyers will have integrity, courage, and determination to win, and they will build reputations for themselves through their public service and then go on to take jobs in politics where they can be a greater influence and rout out corruption and start pushing for policy change. My mafia is a mafia for the people, to infiltrate for justice for the poor, no matter what religion, race, or background. And we kill off the bad guys one lawsuit at a time. We use our brains, not bribes and violence.

That's just as long as I'm in the U.S., because I know that while I want to help THE PEOPLE, if there are others holding me down, I can easily take my skills and business elsewhere, make money, and then start suing the pants off of people in this country, without contributing to this country's economy. Either way, I'm not done with what I will do for the people in the U.S. but I know I will piss off a lot of rich and stubborn people, corporate attorneys, and corporations and politicians. The ACLU can't do everything and they don't provide defense either--only prosecution. I'm interested in the big ass lawsuits and big ass defense when the state and the system least expects it. We will make sure everyone, including the judge, follows the rules, or they will be sanctioned and it will go through every necessary appeal to make the case law and hold people accountable. And like Obama, I expect to receive most of the fundraising through THE PEOPLE, not private interest groups. My firm will be based on a reputation for having the public trust and not compromising to benefit personally or take the easy way out. I will personally fire any lawyer who is taking a bribe or slacking on the job of zealous defense, without excuse.

That would be my dream, and to write on the side while managing my non-profits. And have my son, and one more child, with or without a husband. I'm a modern woman. I'll take a husband if it's true love, but I'm not waiting on the rest of my plans, for that to happen.

The other thing I'm doing is organizing to prepare to teach English classes to hispanic beginners. I will have an assistant with better translation skills, to help me and will charge by the month for classes two times a week. I got some ideas from some of the guys, on how much to charge. All I have to do is develop a structure for lesson plans and conversation practice.

Big plan, but we'll see what happens. If I start rolling, and the money starts to come in and we start kicking some butt, there is going to be justice, for once, in towns like Wenatchee. I just might set up shop in a town like that, or outside of Wenatchee, but close enough where we could go in and shape things up.

We would also have a newsletter, exposing public corruption, lousy public defense, and other complaints by defendants. A gossip daily with information on what's happening inside the system and who is responsible.

So, that would be my dream.

If I were to dream even bigger, I would also establish my own private witness protection system that has nothing to do with government. That way, informants can come to me or a lawyer, give information about corruption in the government or for a case, and I would have private security and my own intelligence recruits and guards, who would help them get what they need to go undercover, maybe even to another country if we can't legally come up with new ids for these people in this country. I will protect my witnesses and informants. like I said, a mafia for the people, by the people, using the law to OUR advantage and finding ways to keep people safe. Basically, an underground railroad with support from other countries.

If I can't do this, at least maybe I've inspired some other activists with some good ideas and they can follow this plan without the heat I would have on me.

No comments: