Saturday, December 20, 2008

Logic Class for Wenatchee? Or Just Lawsuits?

Aside from classes in ethics, towns like Wenatchee need to force their state and local workers to take and pass classes in critical thinking, and philosophy 101 in order to enhance their abilities of reason and logic.

I think they get a class now and then, about evidence, but these people don't know what real evidence is or how to collect it with critical thinking. They think gossip is evidence, and that the more people are saying one thing, the better the evidence is. They seriously do not know how to differentiate between valid evidence and hearsay or opinion and they don't follow their own rules.

I don't know, maybe logic could help some of them, but I witnessed so much lying, from even people who you KNOW know better, like Hotchkiss, and my public defenders (who did not defend me at all), that I have little hope they could learn from instruction. Integrity is different from logic and the people in Wenatchee lack both of these crucial things.

I think the only thing that would actually get them to stop and think, would be lawsuits. I don't believe in settling. Their names NEED to be published, and known, so they understand there are going to be social, not just financial, repercussions for their actions, if they violate the laws or lie and harm others.

No comments: