Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Newspaper Dress

In my last image, I saw a dress out of newspapers, with later, a skirt studded and punched with thorns from roses. But I kept seeing this and then seeing another dress too, that was made out of satin, and a pale yellow on the mustard color side, but so light it's...well, the yellow of old newspapers. It had a cowl neck with a couple of drapes, and was somewhat low, and no sleeves but held up with at the shoulders. The bodice was fitted and the skirt flowed out naturally below the waist, from the hipbone.
It had newspaper print all over it, and some natural cursive writing in black ink.

I think it could be cool to include email, but it would be too patchwork-y. At any rate, I guess the color was more pale golden yellow. There's no writing on the neckline, but over the bodice and rest of the dress. I also saw a choker made out of thorns from a rose, but didn't know how to write about it without it sounding gothic when the impression wasn't dark, but light.

There should be a whole line.

"What are you wearing tonight?"
"I'm wearing the New York Times."
"I'm wearing the Daily Herald"
"I'm wearing The Mirror"
"I'm wearing The Post"

Maybe it could be a dress with several articles though, artfully matched together, all about the person wearing the dress.

No comments: