Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Oliver's Interests (Feb. 19, 2008)

FW: Oliver's Interests‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Tue 2/19/08 4:13 PM
To: dicksiedael@aol.com


From: cameocares@live.com
To: cofp300@dshs.wa.gov
Subject: FW: Oliver's Interests
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:58:46 -0800

FYI--What a poor caregiver I must be, to know my son so well. See below and please be sure his needs are met and respected.

From: cameocares@live.com
To: dicksiedael@aol.com; mark_belanger@verizon.net
Subject: Oliver's Interests
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:46:57 -0800

THis email is for Oliver's best interests:

It sickens me that you didn't care to ask what he likes or interested in, even after I asked why you and Holly didn't/haven't written to ask me about him and how to make him feel more comfortable.

Food Oliver likes: blueberries, baby shrimp (loves these cold), avocado, chocolate (his favorite sweet), Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonald's french fries, canned mandarin oranges, LOVES black olives he can put on his thumbs (he'll eat a whole can), likes beans, corn, and yes, he likes to open up his sandwich and pick the parts out. I let him do that. He doesn't have to eat it whole. He also likes scrambled eggs and chips and he likes pineapple too.

MEDICAL CARE: DO NOT IMMUNIZE Oliver without my consent. He had an extremely bad reaction to his 2 month immunizations and I have witnesses who could testify to this if needed. He has been extraordinarily healthy without the immunizations since I quit, and I believe his doctor mixed up the wrong ones for him. I signed forms for 4 shots and after asking repeatedly, by letter, phone, email, and through other people, have refused to give me copies of what vaccinations I signed for. Then, they told me different things over the phone and gave some infor to the health district when THEY asked on my behalf, but just sent an email with the names of the vaccinations and STILL have not given me copies of the forms I signed. What I signed, from what I remember, is different from what they're saying he had now, AND, I found out that because of the combo they gave him, it could have been WHY he had such a horrible reaction. He had liquid stools from the time of those shots for one full month and lost weight, going down on his percentiles, because of it. Previously he had normal stools, 3 times a day and regular and afterwards, he was extremely lethargic, and had explosive and totally watery stools. Oliver has a LEGAL exemption from me, which is in his medical chart, and if the doctors claim they can't find it, I will give more detail as to where it's at. CPS and doctors have NO Right to demand he be "up-to-date" on immunizations when I have a LEGAL exemption taken for him and Holly can honor this as well.

Playing: He likes hide and seek, chase, and interactive games with others best. I give him a TON of hugs and physical affection and this is why he lays on the animals and will try to touch and hug other kids. He likes physical contact. He loves to be "pinned" down on his back and then tickled and likes to wrestle and climb up onto your shoulders or ride pick-a-back and be swung around. He also likes climbing play structures and loves to try to walk up steep hills and walk or run down them, holding your hand, and likes to sometimes slide/walk down. Of course he likes plaing with other kids, but these are all things I did with him every day. I was hands-on the entire time. He likes baths only with me in the tub with him. He doesn't want to take a bath by himself and will try to get out. He prefers to be in the tub with me and will play for a long time if I"m there.

He needs a potty training toilet because I was training him before we left for Canada. He won't go in it but will sit down on it. He likes to crouch down and he'll try to go number 2, like, he'll go on the floor and then point it out to you if he's in the bathroom, but doesn't go in the toilet though he has an interest. He also likes getting stickers of any kind, and loves bubbles blown from a wand, and balloons. He also likes to have someone point out the flowers and plants to him and examine nature outdoors.

Also loves anything with buttons and lights. He watched Barney in the morning and sometimes at night, at least an hour a day and he can unwind and really likes it. I sat with him sometimes and would point out the things happening in the movies. He also likes to have someone keeping him company and pointing things out for the movie Milo & Otis. He would probably like having my TV with the buit-in VCR and his Barney tapes around and he knows pretty much how to put one in on his own.

He also has a computer game with Elmo on it and his favorite one is the one with the Bubble Tractor that blows bubbles and you click the mouse to point and pop them. He likes to watch someoe else do it and will motion for more.

He loves to be read to and is more advanced than baby books. He likes stories, like "Grumpy Gloria" by Alred, and other reading books. He also likes books to point out objects and have them named. He loves barns and mechanical things too. He will sit for at least an hour-2 hours for storytimes.

He likes to finger paint and he likes coloring and painting the most when you make a big deal about his artwork and tape it up on the wall. He likes to then go back and touch the dried paint and look at his art, and he feels proud when you praise him for what he made.

He likes watching dancing and physically he could probably play a little soccer. He's been kicking a ball from a very young age and they have soccer for even 18 month olds. He loves to watch hand motions and sing songs with hand motions and have someone help him learn those motions. I was going to be finding a place that teaches sign language in Canada because of his ability to express himself non-verbally and his interest. Also, since I know he's smart and wants to talk and undestands everything said to him, I believe when he is frustrated or has temper tantrums, it's because he can't tell people what he wants or how he feels. SO he was going to be learning sign language, which actuall improves verbal skills and has been found to enhance rather than detract from the verbal learning process. I believe he needs an MRI but would only allow someone in Seattle to do it, and would prefer an Adventist hospital as they've always been good to me and I've never had problems with anyone from such a group, and their care is excellent. THey have an excellent children's hospital in Colorado.

That's just a little bit about him.

He always needs a nap and is very tired by 2 p.m. At home we were up about 8-9, and his nap was around 2-4, and then he stayed up with me until at least 9 p.m. and sometimes later until 11 p.m. Everyone else has tried to put him on a different schedule, of getting up early, and sometimes skipping a nap, and then going to bed at 7 or 8 p.m., but he shouldn't be forced if he's not tired. We've had a different schedule since he was born.

He also rreally likes to hug and see stuffed animals. Like I said, he is an affectionate boy that loves to give and receive affection. He needs a lot of tactile communication. He also loves various forms of music...including good jazz, country, classical, and kids' music.

I've prayed with him before so he knows what that's about, and he recognizes Jesus from artist renderings. HIs favorite painting from a book on Renaissance Painters and paintings, is one of Jesus and John the Baptist called, "John the Baptist" and it shows John pouring water over the head of Christ with a dove above it. He'll point that out and look at it from some time. He is able to appreciate good art, and be interested in it.

If you're so concerned about him and his needs, and if Holly was, you should have been asking me about these things.

Cameo

No comments: