Monday, July 13, 2009

17th Witness Statement (LaRue's Support of My Mothering & Harassment)

LaRue Wynecoop’s Witness Statement

I have known Cameo Garrett for about a year in 2006 – 2007. Oliver was just a few months old at the time that we met.

I watched Cameo take Oliver for a walk almost every day, when she lived at 321 Methow which was across the street from my house. She used to come over and visit me with Oliver and he was always dressed and laughing and happy. I have never seen Cameo leave Oliver with anybody, she always had him with her.

Cameo had a lot of problems in the neighborhood, people were going by and breaking windows in her car and slashing her tires and no one seemed to see anyone doing anything, even the cops couldn’t seem to do anything about it, but to me Cameo was a very good mother and a very good friend. It was at least once a week, something was always happening…At least once a week her car was vandalized. One week a bedroom window of her apartment was broken out and the next week someone slashed her tires. The week after that someone broke her window out. And her mail! Someone kept taking her mail and there was two times I can remember in that year she had a migraine and she needed a painkiller at the hospital (***i think this was said in reference to distress I had but I'll have to check with LaRue***). I remember the vandalisms happened for a good six months and they were still going on when I left, and Oliver was almost a year old then. Nobody else had any of these problems with vandalism and break-ins, in our neighborhood. The only theft that I heard of, from an officer, was that somebody took gnomes from the yard of someone's house down the street, and it wasn't even on our block. One of the times the officer came out because of one of Cameo's vandalisms, the officer told me about it. Commented people were going around, not just that house, but other houses too and they were taking gnomes.

I thought what was going on with Cameo's property damage was, FREAKY. I mean, she was the only one who was being hit and there was cars, brand new fancy cars, and beat up cars, and nice stereos, and no one else was hit. There must have been about 50-60 cars parked on that street section and no one else had these problems, EVERY WEEK like Cameo. There might have been one or two somewhere else, but NOT EVERY WEEK. I thought somebody was out after her, to drag her insane.

He was walking by the time I left and starting to say Mama and it was one of his first words but he was forming sounds and word sounds. He was cutting teeth at one point.

I never saw ANY bruises on him. God forbid, if there was a bruise, she would have been up through the ceiling. She would get really upset if she even thought anything could happen. She was a new Mama. I never once saw her without Oliver. She never even left him up in the apartment when she was unloading groceries or left him in the car for a minute. She always brought him up and down with her. And the neighbors helped her carry groceries and things up and down.

The one time she left Oliver, I offered to watch him when she went to the hospital. He wasn’t very happy without Mama—he cried a LOT. He didn’t want his bottle, he was fussy, and like babies do when Mama’s isn’t home. And he was about 4 months old at that time.

She was always on her guard and afraid of his getting into things and didn’t want him to get hurt. I had a dog and she was always watching because she didn’t want Oliver to get bit by the dog, but things were fine and Oliver liked the dog. He would cry and she would pick him up. She always had toys and diapers in his diaper bag and had a good supply of stuff she carried everyday with him. Even when she walked, she carried this big diaper bag with them.

I visited her house a couple of times and it was always clean and neat when I was there.

She seems calmer now, a little bit calmer, because then she was under pressure because of all the break-ins and she was a new Mama.

In my mind I cannot see how anything could be imaginary when there’s a slash In the tire and a broken window that the cops can SEE! When she said someone was stalking her, I believed her because to me, she wasn’t delusional, there had to be something there and I know I heard noises at nighttime and I didn’t know where they were coming from. And I lived right across the street.

Somebody wanted to make her out like she WAS crazy. She would come over in tears, with Oliver in her arms of course, because someone was taking her mail, breaking into her house, and they had to change the locks on her house. The landlords came and changed the locks. I remember she said they took her clothing from her house and took her radio out of her car. But I was there in her apartment when she had to have the locks changed and I came in and was visiting and sat while they had the locks changed.

She was very friendly. She would talk to almost anybody and like I said, a lot of the neighbors would come and help her and go out of their way to help her because she was friendly. Maybe some of the guys because she was pretty too. But she really didn’t like to take help because I offered to take Oliver several times and she said no, she’d just as soon keep Oliver with her and take him with her. She was bubbly and happy, especially when Oliver was awake. But then something would happen and she would get worried.

On paydays, she had a budget, but even though, she would say, “I just had to get Oliver something” (like a toy or clothes or something). She didn’t have too much money for gas, that’s why she walked a lot. She used to go to the library or took the car with Oliver, and the park, and she used to walk him all over the town. She bought a stroller online and Larry helped her put it together. She had a little stroller until she had a bigger one. When he was littler, she had one of the pouches where you carry the baby in the front. When she came over to see me, he was always in her arms until he was toddling but she carried him because she never let him down on the road.

She would come to visit and he would sleep on her lap while we were talking and I would offer to lay him on the bed or couch but she would say no, she was comfortable where he was at.

All the time that I’ve seen her, I’ve never seen a “second personality”. Her speech was normal, she was concerned about Oliver, and she wanted a normal, steady life for Oliver. She did. She said she just wanted it all to stop and to have a normal life so she could just enjoy Oliver. Don’t get me wrong, she was just concerned and upset about some of the stuff going on, she was crying sometimes and panicky sometimes, but anybody in their right mind would be. To me, she was in her right mind, but anybody would be. But no split personality. No voice changing or anything weird. She didn’t didn’t shed her skin (laughter), she shed weight but not her skin (laughter).

Oliver seemed very happy, giggly, crying, a normal newborn baby and toddler learning how to grow up in the world, who loved his Mama.

I’ve never seen her with any alcohol in her hands or in her house whatsoever. The only drugs I ever saw her use was when she had to go to the hospital for migraine or she took an aspirin and that was very rare because aspirin’s didn’t work for her usually. I’ve never seen her, or smelled any drugs like pot or alcohol on her or on her clothes. She didn’t even smoke cigarettes even.

If anyone needs an evaluation, it may be them (CPS).

When I came back into town, after 2 years, I tried to find them and then we ran into eachother by accident and I was SHOCKED, more than shocked, I was MAD because she had Oliver taken away. She just floored me when she said she had Oliver taken away. I couldn’t believe it because she was SUCH a good mom, I mean, she was never without him and I think he was attached to her side. And if I have to come and testify I WILL testify because this is RIDICULOUS (if I have the car, because Larry uses it for work).

I swear this is true to the best of my ability and belief and know that it may be used as evidence in a court of law under penalty of perjury.

LaRue Wynecoop, Sworn Declaration/Statement taken verbatim, the evening of July 13, 2009.

No comments: