Monday, July 6, 2009

CASA Motive?

From the beginning, I questioned Rob Forest as a CASA guardian ad litem. He's a retired attorney who seems to be more interested in what the politics of the town are than a child's best interests.

He argued for termination of my parental rights when I came back from D.C., even after I spoke with him by phone several times, letting him know I couldn't even GET back to Wenatchee because of medical reasons, where I was hospitalized repeatedly and unable to even travel until I recovered from a surgery.

I came into town and asked Forest if he would like to meet with me and he said no. He didn't want to discuss my son with me or hear about what was going on from my end, which is not the point of a guardian ad litem if they are trying to take in all sides to figure out what the best interests of the child are.

He just faxed a report to the attorney's office arguing for termination of my rights based on "child is acting out after some of the visits" and "mother has not complied for a mental health exam."

So this guy wants to terminate my rights when:

1. My son is acting out after visits because he has been stating, repeatedly, he does not WANT to LEAVE me and wants to see me every day. If I were a child, wanting to see their mother more, and feeling alone after having good visits with her, I would act out too. Where is the common sense here?

2. I have repeatedly been the one to attempt to get a psych evaluation done and have run into multiple attempts by the state workers to ignore my requests (in D.C., for months) and then block my access to a psychologist or have their chosen "picks" back out at the very last minute after first agreeing to do the evaluation. That is hardly my fault. I have allowed the state to hand-pick each and every psychologist from their own list, and when they have, their people are wishy-washy and prejudicing my rights to HAVE the EVALUATION to clear my own name and get more visitation rights established.

All this has been is a running out of the clock. That is not my fault, and I have plenty of proof to show this is the case. I strongly question CASAs motives.

I went to Sue Baker in person and asked her to assign someone to my son who is actually willing to work with both the mother and the state to find out what the best interests of the child are. The CASA person's job is not to be a STATE advocate, but a supposedly objective third-party that is taking into account the considerations of both the state and the mother or parents. This can hardly be done when Mr. Forrest refuses to even discuss anything with me.

From the state, Mr. Forest has shown he is motivated to be only a helpmate to the state and nothing more. He has never demonastrated an objective quality or desire to know what my relationship is with my son.

Mr. Forest makes this recommendation, besides, after it is documented my son stated he had been beat up at a party and attacked, and after the photos of this abuse went online for all the public to see. The marks on my son's face were dismissed as a simple "scratch" when anyone and everyone can see it is more than this.

My son would not be "acting out" after visits if he prefered where he was going to next. He would be more comfortable and secure and if anything, would act out in visits with me. One time my son did act out recently, was when he thought I was trying to force a jacket on him when I was giving him a hug from behind. I later discovered a jacket had been left behind at my grandparents house after someone kept trying to force him into it.

My son repeatedly states, and I've recorded my son's requests, that he wants to see me "tomorrow!" and "the next day, and the next day, and the next day"...When you deprive a child from seeing their own mother after their repeated expressed wishes to see their mother MORE, this is concerning and cause for any child to be acting out.

It's a sad day for CASA at any rate.

No comments: