Monday, July 6, 2009

Jump Baby Jump

Thinking of my son tonight, and how at the last visit he continually pressed his cheek to mine, and jumped on my lap and I hoisted him up and then he wanted to put his cheek on my cheek and hugged me hard every time. It was very sweet, but he was also quiet and thinking and I remembered later how he must be remembering a game I used to play with him before he was forced away from me...

I would say, "Jump baby JUMP!" and hoist him up high as he sprang off of my lap. This is what he was imitating, for quite a while, when he was on my lap at the last visit.

He really needs to be with his mother again, and this is obvious. It makes me very sad to think the people who could be helping him and who have power to affect his happiness, have put up obstacles to his own wishes and desires.

Today I toasted with my housemates to a miracle, that something would turn around and my son would be reunited with me quickly. They are all in agreement. Every single housemate says they know there's nothing "wrong" with me. They know I'm not a substance abuser and I've been tested by others, and don't think I'm mentally ill in any way, and they know I clean house and that there is nothing, basically, wrong with me. One of my housemates is getting depressed himself, just because of the situation with my son and he said he doesn't know what to do and doesn't understand why the state has done this. I think it's sinking in, for them, that serious allegations and lies have been said about me which are not true. For others, I'm sure they just misunderstood me, but at least these guys are seeing what's up.

I have a lot of good footage of me and my son, happily visiting together and one guy, a computer guy, is going to help me get this online. My brother commented today that he enjoyed seeing this kind of thing and would like to see more. I had a very good conversation with my brother who said he would testify for me too, and on anything involving character because he knows I would never take a car, wield a knife, or do some of these crazy things I've been accused of recently. He also said he knows I don't threaten others with physical violence, "Just me" he joked. I have fought with my brother more than anyone and never did anything like what I've been accused of. My brother also said he could swear, "She's doesn't get angry, she doesn't lose her temper--she's just passionate." He said I was like a "Latina" and that explained everything. He was joking though, because he knows me to be very patient and especially over long periods of time--he knows it takes a lot for me to get upset. My brother is seeing someone who is Dominican and goes to college in Miami for international something-or-other. She tells him he has to learn Spanish, salsa, and merenge. He wants to see my son with me again and said he supports this 100% and wants to see more footage of our playing together and interacting and said he's watched the one youtube clip of me reading to Oliver several times. I asked if he'd testify for me in court and he said yes.

We had a very good conversation today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your brother lives in Miami. . . and only sees and knows what you allow the public to see and know. I have sat back and observed you with out you knowing and think if your brother was able to do the same he would feel as bad as i do for you. . . for the fact that you cant recognize your illness. Which is the true cause of placing your son in a safe environment. You should be thankful.