Monday, July 6, 2009

No Electronics Problems Last Visit & No Bruises!

I should document, since it was another rare thing, that there were zero problems with my electronics (voice recorder) last visit.

In the past, I've had problems almost every time but for whatever reason, not last visit. So, to document.

UPDATE: No electronics problems today either. Nothing at all, that was out of the ordinary.

Also, Oliver had NO bruising practically. Just stuff from playing and old stuff and one very small mark beneath his sock, but in general, NOTHING AT ALL. I was shocked. It's the first time he hasn't displayed a lot of fingertip type bruising. Even last week he still had some old ones. Last Wednesday a few. But today, nothing, and it looked like he hadn't been sucking his thumb as much--it wasn't as chaffed as usual. He was in very good spirits once again.

Very imaginative, very cuddly, and excited to hear he was seeing me on Wednedsay. He is learning days of the week and said, "Mama on MONDAY! and WEDNESDAY!" and was pointing out the days happily. He said he saw Bambi playing with blocks again and then making strawberries and ice cream for him and driving off in a car. We played imaginary choo choo train and then he played imaginary playground, imitating being on the monkay bars and sliding with me and wanted me to play along. He pointed out a crown on a King's head in a picture and then on a caterpillar I thought and I tore the tinfoil from something I brought in, to make him a crown. I rolled up the foil and linked it together and then placed it on his head and asked him, "Do you want to be a king? or an angel?" and he said, "Angel!" and so i didn't put tall things on the crown and I left it as a halo. It was really cute. All he needed were wings and my monitor and I both thought he would love to be in a play because he likes to pretend so much and he's really good at it.

He really enjoyed the story of Peter Pan today. At one point, he said "Where is Peter Pan?" JUST before I read the next lines of the book, which were: "Where is Peter Pan?" lol. Seriously. So I read it to him next and he got this big smile.

He said he got a spider bite on his tummy but he kept scratching so I thought maybe it was a mosquito bite. He took imaginary photos of the fireworks and then "showed" me photos he had in his hand, imaginary ones, saying, "Mira!" for me to look. He said he wanted to swim and play with dolphins today. And he was really into the candy house in a book and pointed out all this candy saying he wanted to buy all of it "for Oliver" at the store and then I'd tickle him and he'd giggle and say again all the candy was to be bought for him at the store. So he would insist and nod his head in demand and giggle again. He played with a car for awhile and said somethign about a scary car but then said it had an owie and asked me to put a band-aid on it.

So I put an imaginary band-aid on the car.

The other thing which was really cute, was his dancing. He was busting out break dancing moves. I kid you not. I don't know if he saw this somewhere or what but he would press a button that played music and first we were both taking turns laughing at eachother's "bust a move" moments, and then he just started kicking his leg out on the ground and sliding and doing a little robotic dance and then when I said some guys dance on their heads, he fully got ONTO his head and tried it out! What's hilarious is that it looked pretty good! He got onto his head and tried to spin. But then he did a sommersault instead. He is just 3 years old! His little moves to music are actually pretty good in the interpretative sense. He gets the feeling or move and then goes with it. It was fun. I seriously wonder if he's been watching one of those dance show competitions like "You Can Dance!" If not, he'd LOVE it I can tell. I think he'd really like to be in dance, maybe breakdancing. He's got some mod in him.

No comments: