Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Met Another Grant Writer To Shadow

I met another grant writer today who is interested in allowing me to shadow her and her work. She's going out of country for a month and then back and will help me later. We'll see if anything comes of it, but I'm definitely interested. I think grant writing is the perfect job for me and it would give me flexibility with my son. I am highly motivated to learn about grant writing and am going to a foundationcenter.org site today to learn more about non-profits. I guess grant writing allows one to really see how different non-profits work and I would like to take it all in and figure out how I could do this myself down the road. She said there are other aspects of foundations and non-profits one can get into as well. Not sure what they all are yet.

I also met a writer who wants to co-teach a creative writing class with me. So we exchanged info and are going to try to develop something.

No comments: