Friday, July 3, 2009

Things I'm Right About

I told my housemate about the cop guy and asked what he thought. He said he absolutely thought it possible, because he knows this town and it's easy to come across information and there are a lot of people who just want to play games. So he believes me. I don't know. I never know these days. Maybe it is something else, something good but I don't know who is trying to send me messages. If I knew, it wouldn't raise my eyebrows. Well, it might, but I not in a bad way.

Then, I talked to Granny and I was talking about my brother, Levi, and Granny said, "Who is Levi? Is Levi your brother?" So let it be known, I was the first in my family to detect Granny's alzheimer's. Another thing I'm right about which everyone else doubted and denied. I told my family about its onset 3 years ago and there are medications which will slow it down. After Granny asked who "Levi" was, she said, "Bob and Dicksie?" (my mom and dad) like trying to put 2 and 2 together. I am often doubted, but I am seldom wrong. ;)

As odd as all my claims may be, even the claim that "Granny is getting Alzheimers", I am right and my judgements end up being sound, over and over and over. I am intuitive and sensitive and pick up on signals (of all kinds it seems, lol) maybe sooner than most. That's why my "N" for Intuitive is off-the-charts.

Also, I am going back to my other blogs so I have privacy and others do as well. If someone is going to change my passwords on me, I'll just have to change them back!

I cleaned the boy's pen today. I used Comet and all kinds of cleaners and did the kitchen which was filthy and the bathroom, which I wouldn't even touch until I had an abrasive cleaner in hand. They said, "Why do you need Comet?" and I said "409 is NOT going to cut through THAT scum." So I cleaned everything top to bottom, and I bought some green plants. I bought a large basil plant which I divided into several pots to line above the sink and a bamboo type of green plant. One of the housemates said, "What's basil?" I am doing laundry today as well. Everything in the house is getting sterilized with bleach.

I made dinner for them last night. I also worked on some song ideas since there is a guitar here and these guys liked them. They said I should do celtic music. I like the words to one and after I refine it I may sing at an open mic. It talks about two rivers meeting together at a shore, and a closed door, and then there's a part about awakening and that one is listening to the others dreams as they are clinging to a wall to hear them sing.

I also sang them part of an impromptu italian operetta that was in jest--about sleeping on pizza dough for a pillow in a house of boys where everything is used for something else and anything will have to do. I am really an honorary man of the house I think. I'm not with any of them and when they were going camping last, I was included but when they were calling all their guy friends, they kept saying, "It's just guys, no women." That's when I thought, "Wow! I really AM one of the guys." I earned my position by being low-maintenance I think? It's not really Snow White and the Seven Dorks anymore, I was thinking, as I went through all of their bedrooms...It's more like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. There is a Pooh Bear light shelter thing in each of the rooms. I went to Room #1 and tried out his computer but it didn't work. His chair isn't that comfy either. Then I went to Room #2 and his computer wouldn't work even though I tried a million ways to think of his password. His "hint" was "The Original" and his name is Ben so I thought "Franklin" and then "Gangstah" and then I was at a loss. I tried everything from "Dumbass" to "Sheister". So then I was on to Room #3 where the computer worked juuuust right! And he had some candy lying around too! Seriously though, I've already talked to them and they're all cool with my using their computers and I asked them about entering their rooms. :)

Back to my son, I found out one of my son's jackets was at my grandparents' house, Granny told me, so evidentally he really did NOT want a "jacket" on.

So I'm transfering my newer posts which I wrote just because I couldn't get into my other blog which is private. I may do it a little bit later, but I'm going to do it. My intention is to keep my writing, if I write, private, like I said I would, but then my passwords were being changed on me.

I am going now, to tutor a neighbor girl who is 9, in reading. I found out from someone she is in a class to get her up to speed and I was just talking to her mom and her, as I was smoking a little bit of a cigarette (and asking, what does one do when these things break in half? can you tape them? and why do people only smoke halfway and not relight and reuse?). So this girl got big eyes and a great smile and said yes, she wanted me to help her. It's her reading and I told her mom I have experience tutoring first graders and foreign language students, so she wants to do this now and that's what we're doing!

Um, no not taking up smoking really either, but it's a strange thing. Just had a drag or two...I have to say, with my discerning senses, I think there is something stronger or different in these Kool ones, rather than the Marlboro ones. And what is in...how funny, the radio DJ just said, "less tar and more filling". Right as I was writing this. There is something strange about menthol ones too and I think Wenatchee is really into them. I don't need any bad habits though and I hear they're $7 a package and if I get cancer I don't want anything screwing up the "cause". Anyway, she, the little girl, is getting her reading materials now and we're doing it right now, this afternoon. I said I couldn't make promises about how long but if I was around, we could do this. I think she'll be up to speed. I did this with my little cousin Gabe, when he was 11 and I was new to town, and he started getting A's and checking out books about the CIA (I never once mentioned CIA either...but thought, huh! I wonder if he's getting into computers like he wanted to).

I might come back after I transfer some posts, and leave my post with all the foods I like to cook and eat and leave on a culinary note. Culinary Institute of America.

Update: I spent about an hour and a half with the little girl. She's adorable and I had a good time. It was really interesting because she has ADHD and I'm wondering if this goes along with being really fast, with motor skills, in general. She was highly distractable, but she moved her hands SO fast I turned to her mother with this thought that came to my mind, and asked, "Is she a fast runner?" and as it turns out, she won 1st place running last year. I asked if she was also artistic and it turns out she is and it's her favorite subject. I thought this was interesting. It was really interesting to tutor her, because right from the start, within 5 minutes I asked her Mom if she had been diagnosed with anything. Her Mom said yes, and that it was ADHD. I added, "dyslexia too?" and she said yes.

The last person I saw with hands and fingers that moved that fast, was in D.C., and it was a coworker. I didn't see the distractability in him so much though. I gathered this is a very bright girl with such a speed of thought, it is very difficult for her to focus on one thing very long. She is taking in everything at once, all over the place. She would do every single math problem without error, except turning her numbers around. It was mainly a patience thing. She could sound out words in books, but she got impatient and tired. Mainly, she lost track when she was bored and doing routine.

I almost got tears in my eyes when she brought out this bucket of pennies. She said she had to count them out so we dumped all these pennies out and were counting them but she kept noticing the cat or how different pennies were prettier than others, or had her birthdate on them. It was mainly distraction. Her Mom said her daughter wasn't diagnosed by any teacher. She was three grades behind but because they were "poor" no attention was paid to her daughter. She said the same thing happened to her and she finally stood up for her daughter because she didn't want to see the same thing happen. Other kids were getting help, whose parents had money, but not her daughter, and she didn't either. She said she and her own mother (the little girl's grandmother) both had dyslexia. The grandmother went all the way through high school not being able to even put two words together, or read them. The teachers just pushed them through, not caring if they learned anything or not. I was sort of shocked to hear this but she said it was all about money. Her family didn't have money and for generations, teachers and the educational system neglected them and their needs, to favor other children whose parents might benefit them in some way personally. She said it was really, really bad in Wenatchee, that mentality. I said I thought I knew, because I was shocked at the way I was treated when I was successful and independent my entire life until I had to use welfare in Wenatchee for a short time while I was pregnant and then after damages from childbirth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you know any of your family history, Granny more than likely has dimentia like her mom and other members of her family. Her short term memory is more affected than her long term memory and we as a family have noticed this. Grandpa has said quite a lot of times, HE has never been told Granny has alzheimers and since HE is her husband and goes with her to the doctor, HE would be told. Yes, he has asked but has been told she doesn't. Why would you be told and not Grandpa?

Mama said...

I don't know why a doctor wouldn't tell grandpa. I have NO idea! But I talked to Dr. Freed, who is the director for the Wenatchee Valley Clinic and he was Granny's personal Dr., and he said Granny has Alzheimers.

Granny's long term memory is affected. She didn't know who "Levi" was today. Levi. I mean, come on. Next thing, she won't remember me, and I've been her favorite and the whole fam knows. It's long term memory when it's things like not remember family members. She couldn't remember who Levi was and asked if he was my brother and then started wondering about Bob and Dicksie.

Most likely, if her Mom had it, it was Alzheimers as well. The rest of her family didn't have it. They all died of cancer. Almost every single one of them died from various cancers and fairly young too.

I knew something was wrong with Granny before ANYONE else did. It was only me and Dr. Freed agreed with me. I also saw her mood swings and her violence torwards me, which is NOT like Granny and I didn't blame her for it. I wrote several emails to family about how she was hitting at me, chasing me around with a broom literally, and scratching me. I was always just running the other direction when she got like this.

So anyway, no, it's not dementia. She'll forget some short term things but that's normal for old age I think. Long term stuff and mood swings are Alzheimers. So is arranging tiny bits of cheese on a sandwich. That's not dementia, it's behaviorism of Alzheimers and there are drugs which will slow it down.

Someone should be asking about it. I advocated for this for her a long time ago. I was alone and no one believed me.

Well, I was right.

Some people might start taking me seriously. I am not perfect or above making mistakes, but if I do, when I know I have, I apologize and correct myself. I don't believe I'm wrong here, but I could stand corrected if a Doctor disagrees after trying a medication and finding it doesn't work at all.