Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Grant Writing Progress

I looked up this site, "foundationcenter.org" and it's really, really, great. There is so much information I hardly know where to start. This one woman who is a grant writer said this would give me an idea about the whole business or processes and if it bored me, I might figure it out by getting a feel for this site.

It's not boring! Phew. I thought to myself, "What if I DO find it boring?" and thought how that would suck because I could probably get into this and do a good job too. But it's not boring. There is a lot to learn, but this site even has free tutorials. Everything from grant writing to understanding legal aspects of non-profits and foundations.

I ran into one other person who knows a woman who does grant writing in the area and I'm going to call her to see if I could shadow her a bit.

I walked into the offices of The Wenatchee World this morning, to speak with the editor and someone yelled from a car off the street, to me, "THAT's the WRONG door." It was the only door to that building. I thought, "What's that supposed to mean? It's not a good door to go through?" He wasn't there and I tried the Latin American paper next, or I guess it's the hispanic paper for the town, but they were not yet open. I've talked to the publisher for this paper and he's a nice man and professional. If I wrote for the hispanic paper, I'd have to have someone who could translate. The publisher once offered me a job in sales there but I think what happened is that I got pregnant and I remember I didn't show up for the training. It was my fault.

No comments: