Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another CPS Psychologist Backs Out (#3) Last Minute

I had another CPS psychologist say she'd penciled me in and would do a psych eval and has now said she filled it with another appointment. She told me she was writing me down and that all CPS had to do was call her or send her the contract information.

I called this woman, who I won't name, out of courtesy, a week ago, or MORE, and asked her to let me know if this was still in place and that I would assume it was unless she called me back or emailed me and I gave her all my contact information. My next court date is this month on the 22nd and she had said she would do this for me on the 17th.

I tried to get in to see Bruce Olson, who was on the CPS list, and CPS backed out on it, sending me a letter saying they wouldn't contract with him even though they'd previously told me they would contract with "anyone you can find who will take state pay." So I even advertised for someone, outside of the CPS list, specifically for the purposes of obtaining a psychologist who would take CPS pay and contract.

CPS in Wenatchee didn't, for some reason, like the fact Mr. Olson was so willing to do a psych eval for me "right away." He was the only one who could get me in right away.

So then I went back to this other woman who had firmly penciled me in for the 17th of July, and now she says the date is filled but she didn't bother to tell me over a week ago when I called and left two messages on her VM.

Not only that, she told my attorney her professional psychological evaluation would take "3-4 hours". Who in their right mind, as a professional, doing a clinical psychological evaluation, thinks they can administer an MMPI or whatever tests and converse with someone in a total timespan of 3-4 hours and come up with an accurate evaluation?

I know that if I were a psychologist, I wouldn't dare sign my name to ANYTHING where the total time for tests and talking to a total stranger came to "3-4 hours". I don't even know that this sounds ethical or professional at all.

I have Shep Salusky, who does contract work for the FBI and who is very professional, telling me he doesn't even know ONE psychologist worth their salt who would dare put their name to something without at least 20 hours of conversation with the client first. He said it's just not done. He said any kind of court-worthy professional clinical psychological evaluation entails at LEAST twenty hours.

So then I have this woman CPS sets me up with in Maryland, their pick, who says first that she needs 16 hours total. After my fiance and I break up, coincidentally or not, she suddenly needs only "8 hours". That's half the amount of time she claimed she had to have before. Now I'm talking to some psychologist who tells my lawyer she only needs "3-4 hours"? What the HELL.

Right. It would take at least an hour, I think, to finish the MMPI and maybe more than that, and then this psychologist thinks she can talk to someone for 2 hours after that and diagnose them as normal or with any number of problems?

How does anyone even know if I'm bipolar. I'm sorry, but no psychologist worth their fucking salt, whether they think they're doing ME a favor or the STATE a favor, is going to figure that out in TWO hours.

I just told some guys here from Canada, just the facts, no assumptions, but just these basic facts and he said it just sounds like someone is trying to nail me and they have already decided how they want me to be diagnosed and don't care about the truth. He said, "No one has even had ONE session with you and they want to figure this all out in 3-4 hours?" I said, "Yeah." He said it doesn't even sound like it's legal and I said, "Yeah, it doesn't sound ethical to me either. I know if I were a psychologist I wouldn't dare try to sum someone up in total test & talk time of 3-4 hours."

At least the Cannooks know what's up. Not like everyone else doesn't already know. They know what the U.S. and the state workers have done and are doing is a bunch of BS.

These are all Wenatchee CPS picks and I've told them I would go to anyone they wanted me to go to. So ALL of them stall on my clock and time, and then get nervous and back out. If I'm mentally ill, or if the psychologist is a PROFESSIONAL they don't have to be concerned about what is written about them by me.

Not only that, any normal psychologist would CARE about their own reputation more than that.

Is the time being shaved down so someone can claim, if they're totally wrong, they only had a limited amount of time with me? So they can blame it on lack of time? And if lack of time is the issue, that can be remedied. I don't know anyone in their right mind who would DARE to evaluate someone in 3-4 hours total. A total stranger. It doesn't matter what materials the state gives them ahead of time, that is still not enough time to figure out what parts of my blog are fictional or matter of fact, or creative exercises.

I mean, anyone could talk to someone for 2 hours and think the person "sounds" normal. But the conversation could totally unravel after 3 hours, and they don't know with only 2 total hours time. Also, for diagnosing bipolar or any kind of mood disorder, no one can figure out if this is a problem or not without seeing the individual on different days, and talking for awhile. Even OCD manifests in ways which cannot be observed properly outside of clinical office time.

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely NO WAY to do a clnical psychological evaluation that is even remotely professional, in "3-4 hours". I mean, this was the time estimate INCLUDING test time. So throw in an MMPI and that is going to take at least an hour to an 1 1/2 hours.

I don't care if someone thinks they're going to do ME a favor. Don't do ME any favors. Do your fucking JOB and do it right.

Don't expect anyone to take your work seriously if you're not going to have clear standards and professionalism to begin with. Having someone evaluate me for 3-4 hours and even give me a thumbs up and a positive evaluation does NOT help me. It's just not a normal amount of time to figure someone out and you have to be able to talk to that person, go over materials and ask pertinent questions, administer tests, and take a look at MY OWN materials which blow what the state has to say out of the water.

Half of these psychologists who are working for the state clearly do not do it out of the goodness of their hearts or for public interest and a way to do quasi-pro bono work. I am starting to think SOME, not all, but SOME, are getting state compensation for one reason:

They SUCK and they can't make a living without Daddy's allowance. And if they don't do what Daddy wants them to do and say, they are out of a job.

I have over and over, been the party in this whole deal who has been "cooperative" and who has had nothing to hide. From the very start, I said, "Send me to whoever you want" and I was trying to get this going and taken care of EIGHT MONTHS AGO. The state and Wenatchee CPS workers have consistently demonstrated bad faith in this whole dependency and have violated almost every procedural right that my son and I have. They have consistently been assigning me to bad psychologists who say they will evaluate me and then back out last minute and claim they can do a professional and good job in 16, no 8, no 3 hours. They are getting instructions from whom? CPS. This is who is giving the orders and yet how can any professional go along with that and even be WILLING to put their name and reputation on the line with this total lack of standards?

But you know what? CPS didn't want me to go to Bruce Olson, a guy who said he would evaluate me right away. Why not? Because Wenatchee CPS has had an agenda and is desperate and they didn't want Mr. Olson to evaluate me when his contract with the state was about to end, because he just might be man enough to do the right thing and evaluate someone properly, with a CONSCIENCE intact. Good for Mr. Olson! You know what? he is the only psychologist who hasn't pulled a bunch of BS and was just willing to do an evaluation for me, having not known me or talked to me, or do any kind of favor for me.

I have NEVER asked for anyone to do me any favors. I had one psychologist fully come out and ASK ME what I COULD DO FOR HIM. I told him, "You know what? I can't give you anything or make any promises about what will happen if you give me a favorable report. You're getting paid by the state and all I want is for you to go on conscience." I told him, "The only pressure you're going to get from me is that I wwant to get this done ASAP because people have been stalling on me and my son. But other than just wanting to get this DONE, I am not giving you any pressure and you shouldn't TAKE pressure from ME OR from the STATE either. If you just take in the information and base your decision on your good judgment and conscience, you can't go wrong."

Here I was, giving the psychologist fucking therapy and counsel. Why am I the one giving the psychologist a pep talk on ETHICS? Where is the backbone???

If I were a psychologist, I wouldn't care what people SAID or WROTE about me, because if I was doing my job and just being honest to the best of my abilities, I wouldn't be concerned. I would be performing a service out of the best of my ability and judgment and if someone I decide is "sort of nuts" or mentally ill, decides to WRITE about me WHO CARES?

You don't have to worry about what someone is going to write unless you are a dishonest person, or unprofessional, or just not worth your salt or corrupt and you know it. If you have confidence that you're a decent person and doing the best you can, you have a firm foundation in yourself and criticism is like water off of your back.

You don't ask people for favors, you don't try to manipulate the outcome, you don't stall and lie or ignore or back out after agreeing to something.

You act in good faith and good conscience, and if you do that, you are going to be fine in the sight of man and God. If you CAN'T do that, there is something wrong with you and you shouldn't be working as a psychologist and making decisions about other people's lives.

I would like to see someone who works for the state, be WORTHY of the STATE MONEY they are receiving and act like a professional, and be ethical, and just do their job and not act like people exchanging favors, but people performing a professional and helpful service with some kind of INTEGRITY.

How does one hold anyone else up to the light if they can't even hold themselves together as a whole and complete being who is secure in themselves and their work?

No comments: