Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Another Psychologist Back-Out Or CPS Issue

The psychologist who said I was no longer penciled in, had told the state worker she was available August 7. I had said I wanted to get in immediately and I guess the day after I wrote my post about CPS's psychologist's backing out and bad faith on the part of the state, CPS organized to have my evaluated by that same woman, on August 7th.

So I was told this was done. CPS was to go ahead and got the okay from my lawyer to schedule it and this was over a week ago.

Suddenly, there has been another cancellation. Today my lawyer let me know CPS announced the appointment was cancelled and the psychologist couldn't do it until August 14, which is just days before my hearing where by this time "progess has to have been made."

I fail to see how I can make "progress" when the state and their picks for psychologists keep backing out at the last minute and jerking me around. Someone isn't doing their job, whether it's their state picks or THEM, not getting on the ball.

My lawyer told CPS to set up the contract with this last psychologist and they didn't do it, so the psychologist, I guess, cancelled. Said she could get me in "later".

I'm going with someone else who is able to get me in on the same date of August 14th.

But that's pushing it all the way to, basically, the finish line, and this has not once been my fault.

I have been asking CPS for over EIGHT months, to set up a psych eval and let me GET THIS DONE. They ignored me for months and then just me up with one person after the other who backed out or they didn't do their job and get the contracting done.

I don't care if I'm not supposed to blog, at this point, on something like this, I think it's notice to the public about what is going on.

It's wrong.

It's not only a violation of my rights, this has been harmful to my son and prejudiced HIS rights. This last psychologist to go back and forth was Diane Fligstein.

I don't have a need to write about ANY psychologist, but I don't really respect this kind of behavior and no is saying it has anything to do with my blog. They're just going along with what the state wants, which is clearly to stall and not even allow me to have a psych eval done at all, or in an expedient manner.

I told this last psychologist, well ahead of time, about my blog and gave her the address for it as well. She couldn't have backed out because of my writing on a blog, and, to date, not one psychologist from the state has even made this claim to me. They just say they can't do it, after agreeing to do it or scheduling me in. CPS is the only party that is in communication with these state-paid psychologists. I hardly talk to them at all. They all seem fine and then they back out, even after agreeing, and after reviewing my blog and telling me everything is fine, for 1-2 months. I get dragged along all the way up to hearing dates, and then one cancellation or fall-out right before a hearing, after the other.

Is anyone thinking CPS is really interested in my having a psych eval even DONE? One state worker TOLD me that if they got this delayed out past August, they didn't have an obligation to even pay for one anymore. So it seems like this is what they want.

They do not want a psychological evaluation of me and they are not doing what is "reasonable" to ensure I have access to services. I do not call having them ignore me and stall and then assign one lousy withdrawing psychologist after the other, "reasonable" but they're claiming they have "no control" over whether a psychologist backs out at the last minute or not.

Could have fooled me.

No comments: