Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lawyer Asks Me To Quit Blogging

My lawyer asked me to quit blogging because she's not seen it all and can't control all the information. I told her most of it is already out there.

I wanted to do something for someone else so I wrote the last post for the guy who has a lawsuit going, even though I'm supposed to be getting an evaluation from the same clinic. I thought it might hurt me, but it would be wrong, maybe, to only write about what doesn't potentially hurt me. It shouldn't hurt me in any way, if I'm just writing the truth and not out of malicious intent. I think it's a strong point, that organizations in general could save themselves a lot of unnecessary time and energy if they just apologized and made things right however they can.

But if she wants me to quit writing, I will. I said I didn't think it did any good other than to prove I'm not OCD, but if that's what I should do, I suppose I will. For now at least.

I got another neighbor who said he would like to write a statement in support of me and my son. I think I'll put these online because it's only helpful to me and my son and not negative in any way.

I have a few other individuals to speak with, for statements, and I'd like to talk to the mental health professionals who evaluated me prior to what CPS did. They thought I was fine and I'd like to speak to them and get statements from them as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have ALWAYS written very positive comments on your blog to be encouraging and realistic, so here's another one: listen to your attorney! Clearly she knows more about the law, rules of the court, and the legal procedure than anyone who is not an attorney. Why keep blogging if it could potentially hurt your chances of getting your son back? Is is worth losing your son to broadcast your stories and thoughts? Why can't you document in a private manner - the world reading this isn't going to help your case; doing what you must legally will. It is very obvious how much you love your son - so why not stop altogether as you were told and advised to - yet you don't stop? None of this is meant to be mean - what would be mean is for your readers to propegate your writing for our own entertainment at your personal expense. It is also obvious that you care about others and want to help. Sometimes we can't help others until we have helped ourselves. It's time for you to take care of your son and yourself - so if your attorney says the means to which this can be accomplished is by discontinuing your blog - put your son first, and not the blog. We can hear about your successes and the good news that will result when this whole ordeal is over with :)

Mama said...

Yes,, you're right. I like this lawyer too.

She actually doesn't think it's so bad that I blog, she thinks it's my right to free speech, and she believes in me and this case.

But she doesn't have time to go over all the material every day, so I agreed not to. She thinks it's fine if I want to add witness statements that are in support of me.

I DID write about the visit with my son today and I told her and explained WHY, that it was for protective reasons and I am always hoping if I document when I have things like electronics issues, someone might be able to figure out why. If I don't document when and where, process of elimination can't be done.

My recording stuff isn't tempermental or old. It's brand new and the batteries are always good and it's only when I'm having visitation with my son that I've had problems with it.

But, since I put it up, it's documented, and I talked to my lawyer and she didn't make me take it down, but I volunteered to do it. So I'm going to try to keep stuff off-line.

I just want my son to be protected!

Thanks for your advice and helpful words.