Monday, January 24, 2011

Precious Lord (Maranatha Singers)

I picked out a song at random this morning.

I had coffee and flipped through The New York Times and then had Maranatha Singers come to mind because my family listened to them when I was growing up. Lot of worhip music in the house.

So I typed this into youtube and then chose at random. I picked the 6th tab and then didn't look as I randomly chose the first one my arrow fell on.

It was "Precious Lord" by The Marantha Singers, posted by OldPathPreachingTV.

It's significant to me in two ways. But first I'll post the link:

www.youtube.com/watch?_voxkRDHvd-WS

I don't know why this seems like a big deal. but I just sat and watched the video. I don't know where the filming was done but Middle East or Africa? Not sure. It start out with a mother elephant and a baby elephant which made me think of my son. Then it has these antelope things that came to my mind the other day at the nuthouse, when the woman had me name 3 animals with stripes. I said zebras and then I tried to say this kind of antelope and then tiger. I couldn't recall the name of the antelope thing but I tried to describe it. Then there are camels which made me sort of laugh because of how funny or cute they looked.

Then, secondly, this song is probably a refocusing for me that even though my precious one is my son, before all things it is God first. As for humans on this earth, my son is number one (to me).

It just made me think of my family, this music. I'll probably listen to the maranatha singers this morning. But this was the first one I played.

One of my passwords is "precious one". It's in a different format but it's one of my main ones.

I guess that is another reason I stopped to think.

I chose it thinking of my son but then I thought about precious one in another way when I heard this song.

I just found a cool song when typing in "hunan province, christian music." It has photos and is actually very good music. Sort of jazz with Chinese influence. OH the piano is good!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzX6DRTxoto.

I typed it in because my mom sent me an email about some persecution of christian churches in the Hunan province of China. So I was curious to know what their worship sounded like.

No comments: