Monday, February 14, 2011

Gonzaga Runs Washington State Courts

Okay, I am sorry, but this is just a little bit odd. I mean, to me.

After discovering almost every single one of the lawyers and judges for the Fair Hearings Courts in Washington State are GONZAGA allum, I now find out the ONLY TWO commissioners for the Washington Appeals court, where my case is going, are GONZAGA allum

What the heck is going on?

I have never heard of so many Gonzaga attorneys in all my life and it seems they go straight from law school right into government and state jobs.

I can sort of understand, in the sense that this is a main law college for Washington State, so if people are staying in the area, this makes sense. But it's like, I don't know what the numbers are exactly, it's just that everywhere I turn, whenever I'm trying to go through the court system in WA, it's all Gonzaga people.

Gonzaga is a Jesuit Catholic school. That's what it says on their website at least. I don't know if it's affiliated with any kind of a monastery or anything, but it states that it's Jesuit which is, I think, some kind of Order. Not sure how all of that works. But it's a private Jesuit Catholic college and I'm telling you, almost all of the lawyers and Judges that I've come across while trying to navigate the system, have been from this college. I think there are a few other law colleges in Washington but not a ton. There is Seattle Pacific or University, which is also Catholic, and then University of Washington, and maybe 1 or 2 more.

Not that big of a deal, but just noticing.

I only noticed this again because I looked up the commissioners for the Appeals court for the first time and both of them are from Gonzaga, or went to Gonzaga Law School. McCown and Wasson and I have Wasson assigned to this case. A "Monica Wasson".

No comments: