Friday, February 4, 2011

High Cholesterol (genetics)

I am now wondering (while trying to find out where my mail is), why my mother had high cholesterol when she was 14 years old.

I was asking about my Dad's arthritis and bringing up pumpkin seed oil and pomegranate and then she mentioned her cholesterol (good and bad kind) had been high since she was 14 so figured it's just genetics.

She has had super high cholesterol since she was a kid and all the way through and never had other problems so she wasn't worried about mine at all, esp. since I had been fasting and it would have gone up temporarily.

But I'm wondering if, with her,it affected her thyroid. Or if they sort of went together.

I guess cholesterol levels can rise with radiation treatments and a number of things but mine has always been normal until I fasted.

No comments: