Monday, February 7, 2011

Prayer and Clarity: Eye and Hand of Providence

I guess I have a tip that worked for me last night, that maybe others can use too.

I was getting a lot of things done ahead of time, like studying last night instead of waiting until the morning, and making time for it.

But then I prayed and all of a sudden, several things came to mind that I have to get done in the next couple of days and it was good that I was reminded of all these things. I sort of felt like even though I was praying for others or myself a small amount, I wasn't even thinking about some things that I have to do and then it came to mind.

Like God was saying, "And don't forget that check, and you need to go to the bank again in the next few days, and how can you put the time to use tomorrow morning and afternoon?"

I woke very early and wasn't tired and then just slept in anyway. I got to the Y and I don't usually pray for a "good" or positive scripture, but I did this morning. I said, "God, can I get a positive one?" and then I felt a little guilty thinking, "All of your word is good, all of it, whether it is a verse reminding me about sin or more encouraging". It is: "I will instruct thee to teach thee in the way which thou shall go: I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

The "Eye". I was thinking a little bit last night, how I sounded proud about some things can't be taught (but I do think this is true, about some things...everyone is born with certain natural inclinations and gifts and everyone has something different that might be harder for the next person to learn) and how some thing are taught or learned too.

As for guiding me, I'm not so sure that I always know which way to go, even when I pray about it.

I'm looking up things about The Helix Nebula (a constellation called God's eye) and other references to God's eye and the eye of providence (from wiki and maybe other sources). I guess the triangle thing with the eye was originally representing the trinity and that God approves of our undertakings. Or "he approves".

I would like to think this is true and will come to pass because I prayed for doors to open for something I want to take on, on the side, but I guess I'll wait and see.

I tried to find a song about the eye (but it's a little hard!) and found one about the Hand of Providence with a very patriotic American flair. I just clicked on it and it was about "We The People" and if you turn to me, I will heal this land.

Hand of Providence by Michael W. Smith:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdh_6E2T_hY

No comments: