Saturday, January 23, 2010

Computer & Yahoo

Yahoo isn't my favorite search engine, for sure. When I was first trying to post my blog I had incredible problems with every single search engine except Google. So even though there are also weirdos at Google, in general, I have felt they are the most accepting of free speech.

Today a Yahoo thing popped up with "Sinking in quicksand? Lie on your back." and the city that I'm supposedly in is "Sunnyvale, CA" where it's apparently 48 degrees. I didn't select CA.

I constantly have various problems. Then I've had a strange number of pop up messages from Yahoo as well, with little sayings that are going to my email and they come up after I've been typing in my blog and are about the same thing, but a few have been very weird.

So these companies are all based out of California, to my knowledge, though there may be other headquarters.

In general, for a search engine, I stick with Google.
**********
I just tried to go to The Associated Press's search engine to get news about the Chandler hostage situation and usually when I type into the search bar, a lot of things, old news taglines will come up.

Just now, instead, I got "no results" and it landed me on a paper for "The York Dispatch" out of York, PA and then I tried again and got "Buffalo News" from Buffalo, NY. This is not how the search engine works.

I think a few individuals are freaked out that I'm about to write about what happened in Bainbridge Island and Seattle.

No comments: