Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Red Cross Blood Deferral

Does anyone else thinks it's strange that my ID for donating blood was being singled out and set apart, and then I was deferred for low hemoglobin, when one week later, it was normal?

I'm told hemoglobin doesn't go up like that. The nurse said to me, "Maybe they didn't test correctly at the Red Cross."

Um, maybe they just didn't want my blood for some reason, because there are people who know or believe there is something wrong with it, because they know what has happened to me isn't a lie.

I had two tests done at Red Cross. I thought probably I wasn't anemic at all, it was that someone wanted to keep my blood out of the donation for some reason.

I do not have any STD at all and everyone knows this, including doctors. So it's not that.

But they didn't want my blood and were singling it out and giving me a different ID donor number for the batch, and then I go in and my hemoglobin is fine and it's not possible for it to be up so high. Especially if I'd just had my period, which I did, so that should have made it lower, not higher.

No comments: