Sunday, January 31, 2010

Living With It

I have to live with people who are into this crap too. At least there's a door blocking, but they go in my room and I've left things out to be able to tell whether they do or not.

I was walking home and all the cars went to red, white, and green, and some gold I guess, as they were passing, and then I get to the house and was just going to make dinner.

The tea towel left out is red and white checks.

I went upstairs and there they are, wearing white and red, and on the counter they have red tomato out, with green zucchini, with white mozarella, on foccacia, and then they're having their weekly toast to some "team" and this time, the wine is Colombia Crest.

It would not be a big deal, and I wouldn't notice one single thing, if it were not for the fact that every week she comes over, on Sunday, it's the same thing, and a big theme with colors.

And whatever color they're wearing, the other people that live here are also wearing.

Last week it was blue, or silver. And, to go along with whatever the theme is, someone puts all kinds of color matching stuff in my living space. This week, it was a grey sock. On my kitchen counter where I prepare food.

A visit before it was blue, and my son was wearing a blue shirt with a penguin on it that said "south pole". The week before that he wore a red train shirt with "Lionel" as a name on it. And whatever color he shows up in, and in the past, it's been accompanied with a mark on one side of his body or the other, he also comes in with evidence of total brainwashing.

Only a couple of times has he shown up, recently, and in the past, with normal behavior like he's not been told to repeat something, with good memory, and affectionate.

Tonight, I walked out to get some snacks for my son, and his organic milk, and all the vehicles passing me were white, every single one, and then this woman is wearing white with red on it. When I was coming back from the store, all the cars going my direction were black and gold. Almost every single one. So then I'm sitting by the window, looking out, and here comes the parade of white car, then green car, then red car, repeat. White, green, red.

So I go upstairs, thinking where in the world can I move to where people are normal and this isn't done, and everything in the kitchen and the people on the couch, are in white, red, and then the food and towels are red, white, green. Then a different housemate comes out wearing red.

I went upstairs to make clams bc I only have one burner and didn't have the right pan. I had clams with fresh lemon and butter and then tortilla chips with guacamole and fresh salsa. Moscato too, which I guess is better with Asian but it's okay with this combo, and I just like it. The Barefoot brand isn't bad, for a cheap, sweet moscato, in my opinion. Very peachy. I also bought daffodils. I haven't bought flowers for awhile but whenever I have money I do. I don't know of anything I like more really, than flowers. I'm going to bring a stem to my son tomorrow.

I bought carrot cake too...but I wanted to bring home a slice of each. I think that MK-Ultra clip with the Russian girl carrying a cake and the story about how they put in white noise requesting cake and then people brought them cake...well, I think it got to me (just kidding). But seriously, I kept thinking, "cake sounds really good right now." I am thinking I should have bought chocolate cake too. I almost bought cream puffs, for my son to try, but I looked at the filling and it was just at a regular grocery store and I thought, "mmn, no." I don't want to spoil his first experience with cream puffs with second rate filling. I had a thing for cream puffs when I was younger, and made them myself with chocolate and vanilla cream filling, piping it in, and I like the more pudding-cream, true cream variety than the sort of frosting/lighter than air cornstarch stuff. The puffs should be flaky and light, but not the cream. I like the richest cream possible. I'm a pound cake person. Give me all of the fat. I like looking at the old James Beard and Good Housekeeping cookbooks, before they cut out fats, because while I think most foods are just as good without, and can be adjusted with spices, there are some things that taste 10x better with heavy cream, or butter, or even, lard. If people knew how much I ate, they'd be surprised I'm a normal weight. I really love food, and I think it's when you tell yourself "absolutely not" that you get into trouble, because then you want it even more. I don't believe in fad diets. I think, you cut out practical things or make small choices (butter or jam? mayo or cheese?) and then you can lose a lot of weight being careful to trim here and there. But some foods just need all that fat. Whoever heard of a lo-fat creme brulee? How disgusting.

There was the most magnificent (I reserve use of this word for special occasions) moon out tonight. Huge. Full, just looming over the horizon like a fantastic glowing midsummers eve orb, it is just enormous tonight. I glanced as I was walking and out came, "Oh my goodness!" and an intake of breath. I had no idea it was the night for full moon. It doesn't feel like a special night at all. It was only the moon that stood out, as being beautiful, tonight. I guess, silly me, I thought about Diana for one brief moment. More than that, I thought about my son.

On the Di topic, I thought it coincidental that I had so many people bring up "depression" to me, and I was reading one of the books, about her bout with depression at that point. Maybe someone read my mind as to what I was reading about. :) I am reading the Andrew Morton one, because many of the others will skew things. I'd like to have as firm a handle as I can, on her own opinions, before getting these confused with the other books and claims.

I also realized today, I bought a multi-vitamin but it's not a very good one. I supposed to be one daily but it only gives you 2% the RDA for potassium. And I was reading, even slightly low potassium causes muscle weakness and will or can affect your memory.

No comments: