Saturday, January 30, 2010

Music Today

I woke up with that Karate Kid song in my head "The Glory Of Love". Then I started thinking about the hanserd song. But I'll play "The Glory Of Love" song, it's the one that goes, "I am one man, who will fight for your honor..."

I found a clip but it wasn't a good recording so I looked for a another clip and found this. I don't really like this kind of music at all, but I like the montage, and haven't seen that movie forever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJhfJgdZWSY&feature=related.

Here's a real clip. It has Spanish subtitles but is the original video and has the best sound so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULsJ9OcT2XM&feature=related

It makes me think of when I was a kid. My brother was karate chopping all over the house, with a bandana around his head, and I remember trying that one kick, over and over and over, where you jump up high, spin in the air and kick your other foot out. Jumping off of stuff to get more leverage. I seriously practiced that move a lot.

The only thing that bothers me about this video is watching Peter Cetera. Sorry Peter. I think it's the 80s hair or the expressions or maybe how he resembles the bully from the clips, the one who the japanese mentor pinches the nose of. The song is so over-the-top romantic, it almost bothers me but I can't help but to like the song, for the melody and theme I guess, and how it brings back so many memories of me and my brother, and probably countless other kids were ispired too, to start pretending they were kick ass karate champions. I haven't seen those movies forever, but I do like the underdog theme and the idea of honor too.

I felt really good energy listening to this song this morning and making this post about it. Just a rush of very good energy.
******************
Listened tonight, to Gary Jules "Mad World", then Green Fields of France in both English and German, then "Will Ye Go Lassie" traditional scottish song and then, my favorite find, "Suiul a run" by Celtic Woman and sang to this one several times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frq2WVK3sMc&feature=PlayList&p=9BFAC7FE7D8FA7C1&index=27. I looked up the lyrics for this one and here they are, in both English and Gaelic: http://celtic-lyrics.com/forum/index.php?autocom=tclc&code=lyrics&id=458. My favorite part is the line about "(I would cry) 'til every tear would turn a mill."

I also like "Cad E Sin Don Te Sin", the lyrics especially. Some of the best folk lyrics are celtic I think. I like the phrase, "Since it's no one's concern, then no one should care."

Oh, I also heard a song in Russian which was really pretty, something about "Soldier's Song" and a lot about cranes in the sky. Really beautiful. I am listening to a lot of Orla Fallon tonight, her Gaelic songs. I liked this response to Calling Home The Calves, by some unknown Greek singer who is actually pretty good. The horn in the background though...I almost fell asleep while listening to this song, and thought, "It's white noise! what's behind the white noise! CIA mind control!!!! aaaaahhhhggghghhhh!" (just kidding).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BLr3XBH55M&feature=response_watch. Slight tears in the eyes (brief, not falling) with Carrickfergus and Orhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcscALrwbt0&feature=relatedla on the harp:

No comments: