Friday, December 19, 2008

Comparing My CT from 1998 With New Diagnostics

I wasn't able to obtain the CT that was done when I went in for a brain scan after wondering why I'd had a singular incident of memory loss and the drooling incident.

I mean, they did a CT and said it appeared "normal". So this was in about 1998, which was after my auto accident which involved a head injury in 1995. So there was no evidence of damage of the brain, at least that's what they told me, in 1998, but if it was an isolated few seizures, they may not have affected my brain at all. At least it proved I didn't have damage from the car accident.

So I tried to get copies of this CT and I was told when I went there, they didn't have it or couldn't find it. This was within a year or so of having it done and I don't know what they did with it. But it was "gone".

However, what I know, is that THEY said it was normal. SO, if I have scans done NOW and they show something is abnormal, we can assume the abnormality came up later. And hopefully, if there is any damage, the area of damage could indicate what happened.

No comments: