Sunday, December 7, 2008

Images

i'm not sure why i see a bright field of waving daisies, or are they tulips?
they're yellow. bright primary color yellow. waving back and forth. a sea of
bright yellow flowers.

a swing in an old tree, lulling back and forth with the wind. a tabby cat curled up by the tree gets up, stretches, and yawning, walks towards me.

one red zinnia in a clear flute vase. a farmhouse. a large old farmhouse. an old accordian no one plays. who plays the accordian anymore? angels descending with their wings stuck to the clouds, fall into teardrop shapes, held by their wings with invisible fingers, waiting to fall, to climb into the field of flowers disguised as dew and after-rain. a little brown-nut squirrel watches for the cat and climbs the tree, the cat mews for its owner.

leaves crumble from the tree when the squirrel touches the top. as they fall they turn from green to bronze and make a kaliedescope pattern on the ground. someone needs to gather the leaves but no one is home. someone needs to pet the cat, but no one is home. someone needs to sit on the swing, for old time's sake, but all is quiet.

everything moving, angels in wait, waiting for you to come, before they fall. they will fall upon you and you won't notice, and you will confuse your tears for rain. they will hide in the flowers and you won't believe me, even when you think you hear someone calling your name.

it is time for you to rest, in a peaceful place, where you are loved, and where they are waiting. all of your loved ones and loved things, away from the soot you carry on your shoes, and far from the beat of the drum.

(these are truly images and not poems)
************************************************

how much corn can you eat?
save some for me. you eat all of the young kernels and leave me the old ones.
i like them young. you like them older.
no, i just don't like the way you hog EVERYthing, young OR old.
i don't like the way you look at me. or touch me.
get on your side of the seat. scoot over...he's touching me!
he's hitting me. he's talking to me. he's pinching me.
i'm not pinching you.
yes you did. you pinched me until my lips were bleeding blue.
lips don't bleed blue blood
say that 10x fast
you're no blueblood, you know. you bleed bright, bright red.
red as your head.
red as my fist after i pummel you for speaking to me so.
get on your side. i picked this seat first. this is my chair anyway.
you think you own the chairs? you can't tell me where to sit.
or how much i should eat, or how old my corn should be.
you sow. you cow. you pig.
some sidekick you are.
i'll kick you alright, THERE, now get on your SIDE or i'll KICK again
you're very clever.
hahaha, i think so. they all think you're the clever one but i get away with the most.
that's not clever, that's cunning.
what's the difference?
oh go look it up clever one
it's my turn now. give me the player.
no it's not your turn. i'm not done. you just think you can take EVERYthing.
i get my turn, and then you get yours.
you say that about women too and they never go for you
your type is not my type
what type is that?
the kind with blood that bleeds bright, bright, red.
oh right.
you're in denial. you wish you were poor and insignificant
no one wants to be poor. you do. you want to be poor and live off of cow's corn and
the corn from the field
you want the corn from the gentleman's farm
you want the mark of a real blue blood.
what's that?
a black eye.
i'll take it like a man.
yeah, with a pillow over your face.
no, that's gangster style
i didn't say gunshot, i said i'd give you a black eye
you've tried that before. do you remember what happened?
hmm. yes, i believe you ducked and i hit mother
yeah, that was really nice
she had it coming. haha. she'd had too much eggnog anyway--someone had to take her out. she was asking me to save her from herself. i was just doing her a favor, and
as you reCALL, i had the extra orange in my stocking.
which was to compensate for the fact that i got most of the candy. it was only a filler.
get on your side of the seat or i'll tell mother.
she'll laugh.
i'll kiss you then.
okay, fine, if's its corn you want, i'll give you all of the corn that comes my way next. just don't kiss me. it's not a solution. to anything.
petal pusher.
what?
you're a petal pusher. i'll let you think about that one. p-e-T-a-l, not p-e-D-a-l.
you've lost it.
you have CORN stuck in your TEETH and it looks disgusting when you speak, with the little bit flapping out. your teeth look rotten.
i don't want a toothpick. where did you get that anyway? sally's pub? you use toothpicks?
privately. they double as a weapon and are easy to conceal.
are you mad? have you thought what a robber would do if confronted with a toothpick?
have you seen "the man who knew too little?" don't you remember that scene with the robber when he's laughing and scares the guy off?
i think someone will take one look at your toothpick and reach out with his thumb and forefinger and slowly break it in half.
that would be quite a dramatic scene. hmmm. i might want to incorporate that into my small art film.
what film is that, "how to draw a stick man?"
huh?
no, "I'm not finished with my dinner, punk". haha. no, "stick 'em up". no, "the prick"
very funny.
are they plain or do they have a minty taste.
mine happen to come in all kinds of flavors...banana, mint, cherry,...
that's just sick.
well, toothpicks are not for everyone. people with gaps in their teeth can use them but not people with tight contacts--they end up with wood in the teeth and stuck in their gums and have to use dental floss.
i believe this conversation has met it's end.
i quite agree. are my gums bleeding now? i think i stabbed myself.
this is just disgusting. you're teeth are FULL of corn. don't even smile at me until
you've used a waterpick. and DON'T wipe that under the carseat. Just keep your mouth closed until we're home.
huh, that bad? (grin into rearview mirror)
get on your side!
quit touching me. don't look at me. stop pinching me.
where is my hairband?
is it underneath the seat or in the back?
are my glasses in the glovebox? WHOSE glasses do THESE belong to? they're NOT mine.
**************************************************
i'm listening to frente's version of bizarre love triangle, and i can visualize a dance sequence to it. I can imagine how I would dance to it, if i knew how to dance.

funny thing, in the hospital, the nurse asked me if I was a dancer when I was getting onto the table. I don't know why but i said it was such a wonderful compliment and i'd always wished I was. I didn't think i reminded people of this anymore, but this nurse asked me if that's what I did for a living as I was getting onto the table. i suppose i was very graceful...ahaha.

I see someone spiraling out into several turns, with their arms out at first and then in. a jump at "shot right through and and then bent over from the waist as if hit mid-air, like a limp doll, and then reaching out and moving forward in a modern/ballet style, as if searching and then reaching up to the heavens (at the "wisdom of a fool can't set you free"), legs raised up and down and head bowed, arching backwards and then forwards and then back, into a low and slow spin, at a "life i can't leave behind" and then bolting forward, running and then into spins, she's on her knees (i get down on my knees and pray) and then a partner lifts her up and she is then back on the ground crawling as he is doing his own solo in a corner. at "i feel fine and i feel good" she is crawling on the floor,in contrast to the words, to imply she is lying or acting. he reaches for her and she pushes away and alights, and dances around the room as he is dancing, they touch with hands outstretched in a surrender posture for a moment, hands flattened to hands, and chest to chest, cheek to cheek, swaying to "why can't we be ourselves like we were yesterday) then they are counterclockwise and then reverse. at "every time i see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray," he falls to his knees and lifts her as she runs to him, staggering, falling into his arms, and they are both briefly in on their knees together and then stand up, meet up to kiss and then she has her head on his shoulder in a brief tentative embrace of trust or hope and then she leaves, with his hand as the last contact, slipping out of reach. i see something to this effect when i hear the song. I don't know all the technical words, just the images i see.

there's more. i'll probably add more details to this tomorrow. there's one section where i see arms spiraling back as the back arches, and then forward, and there's some other stuff. I may write it out, scene by scene, just for fun, tomorrow. just whatever i imagine through the song. i'm not done yet.

No comments: