Thursday, December 4, 2008

Letter From Long-Time Friend Who Believes Me

RE: Happy Thanksgiving‏
From: Mark
Sent: Wed 12/03/08 4:17 PM
To: 'cam huegenot' (cameocares@live.com)

Hi Cameo,



(section omitted)



Now to your question. Yes, I actually completely believe you. I believe you because I know you. And I believe you because you’re my friend. I do feel terribly about how you have been treated. I don’t always agree with your reactions to certain situations, but even there, I cannot judge because I’m not walking in your shoes. The single thing that scares me the very most in life is that my children will be taken from me somehow. And this has happened to you. I don’t know how I would behave or react if I faced this situation.



So when the entire world seems to be engulfing you, remember that you have a friend in the Southwest. J There’s always been a passage of scripture that has comforted me in times of trial:



5 If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;

6 If thou art accused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring, and thine elder son, although but six years of age, shall cling to thy garments, and shall say, My father, my father, why can’t you stay with us? O, my father, what are the men going to do with you? and if then he shall be thrust from thee by the sword, and thou be dragged to prison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like wolves for the blood of the lamb;

7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

8 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

9 Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.



(section omitted)



Love,


Mark



From: cam huegenot [mailto:cameocares@live.com]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 11:02 PM
To: Mark
Subject: RE: Happy Thanksgiving



Mark,

quick question. I know we haven't talked in person for awhile, and that you haven't seen me, but
do you think I'm mentally ill or do you believe me?

If you don't believe everything, what part don't you believe?

Love,

Cameo

No comments: