Friday, December 19, 2008

Oliver Toilet Trained (Nov. 9, 2006)

Flag this message
Other news: Oliver is 1/2 way toilet trained
Thursday, November 9, 2006 12:40 PM
From:
"loree baird"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
eaglelaw@qwest.net, dick.whittemore@bullivant.com, dslader@spiritone.com
Oliver pooped in the toilet on his own for the first time today! He has been pooping in his diaper when I ask him to, for over a month or more, so I thought I'd put him on the toilet and ask him to poop, and he did! So now I have to figure out how to get him and me to know when he needs to go potty. Today, he hadn't pooped a bit in his diaper before I put him on the toilet--he did everything after I sat him down and asked him to poop. Then I let him look at it and said good job and all kinds of supportive things, and let him watch it go down with the flush. He was very interested and had a little wide-eyed smile. We used big-people toilet paper too, which he seemed to like.

Also, he wants to feed himself and takes the spoon from me anymore. He's been doing this for about a month or less and more and more, he'll get mad or cry if I take the spoon away because HE wants to hold it and put the food in his mouth.

Today after he ate a banana, our routine has been to then wipe his face with his bib and take it off and today when he was done eating, he wiped his own face with his bib and tried to pull it off.

No comments: