Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Other Pregnancy Complications?

I am starting to think I had other serious complications which contributed to my pain (while I still know I DO have a broken vertebrae or hernia, because that's documented on film and doesn't "fix itself". Also, I know the tailbone stuff is real, for the same reason).

However, at the hospital, someone examining me said I had a uterine prolapse. Uterine Prolapse is what happens when a cystocele or rectocele (prolapses I was identified as having) are not treated surgically. As I had written in my blog LONG ago, it eventually leads to further uterine collapse because one structure supports the other.

Additionally, in the last two days, this may be gross, but I had massive amounts of BM. For the last two months, since pregnancy, I'd only had maybe 2 BMs and they were very tiny. I couldn't get anything out and I think the pressure of the growing uterus was pushing against the colon so stuff was trapped. Also, the doctor at ER thought I should have MRI because he said the rectal exam was not good. I didn't have tone enough to push normally.

So all of a sudden, maybe with the decreasing internal pressures, and the lessening of pregnancy hormones (which contributes to constipation), I am finally going now. Because I was up all night last night, well, for a half hour or more, and could not believe how much I went. The day before too, but not so much. It was like things had been trapped forever.

The water gushing is gone, but I'm not convinced it was normal to begin with.

I also had a little bit of a bad feeling the last time I saw my baby on ultrasound, because it wasn't moving and I just had a feeling. I felt prompted to go to ER, and I had been meaning to go the day before because of a massive amount of water gushing and water loss--more than usual, but I went the next day instead. I gushed out enough water, about 7 times during the day, to fill a full 6 oz. glass.

But on ultrasound and MRI they saw enough water, they said, because I asked. It could have been from the untreated yeast? I don't know. It wasn't normal, and the extremely severe pain I had with this pregnancy, wasn't normal either.

It could be, that since I had the pain so badly after walking and standing, it was from worsening prolapse, but my tailbone really hurt too and now it doesn't, and I wonder if it was from pressure of not being able to have BM?

I guess I'll never know. One of the doctors there did say, without any prompting from me about anything legal, that Wenatchee docs who were responsible, should be sued. I agree.

I do not find fault with the ER for the MRI. They did what was believed to be reasonable, and they listened to me, and it was an unfortunate mistake that I take responsibility for. I take full responsibility for it. And I do not beat myself up about it, but learn, and move forward.

What happened and is still happening, in Wenatchee, is another story. What they did was very, very, wrong, and they tried to cover it up and illegally took my son.

No comments: