Monday, January 11, 2010

Problems With Community Action Council Use Of Federal Funds

I am again having a problem with the way a Wenatchee board is trying to use federal funds for a housing grant they applied for and received.

After keeping me OUT of housing for over 3 months, and trying to force me to sign a ONE year contract on a studio which would not permit me to have my son back, I got into a place, where there have been plenty of interesting situations, not the least of which I've been refused a landline phone when I specifically said I needed a phone with long distance for making calls and faxing.

I think there are some people in this town who don't want me to be able to make long distance phone calls, or to be able to fax anything, and they really don't give a shit whether my son sees me again or not.

The "color of the day" today has been black and white and the woman I've been having to deal with, who has basically never told me the truth, came in today with a black and white "Columbia" jacket, with her assistant also in black and white.

This town has a thing with colors.

So after I was offered this 2 bedroom and told it would work for my son, the community action woman, Linda Price, comes upstairs and tells me they can't pay this guy any rent yet, which I told her he said he needed before hooking up a phone, and then she says she doesn't know how long it's going to take, and tells me that I don't need both of those rooms--one for me and one for my son, because, she said, "You don't know that you're even getting your son back."

She tried to tell me they couldn't "approve" where I was living, because she thought they could only approve a one-bedroom. I know this isn't the truth, because I filled out applications and she was telling me that a 2 bedroom would work fine and talked to several other landlords about my staying there and then these landlords would back out last minute.

I found out, while she was lying to me in the beginning, telling me I could only have a "studio" which wouldn't have helped my case with my son at all, she then told everyone else, and I was able to confirm, the way the program works is that it doesn't matter how many rooms or how much the rent is--there is a cap of $7,800 per person and this is to be used whichever way--It is either for 18 months payment of housing OR for $7,800, whichever one ends first.

There is no dictate or stipulation that one cannot have a 2 bedroom, it's that the money will only go so far and there is a cap--that's IT.

I told this landlord from the very first day when I was signing papers, that I needed a landline because my own public defender's firm's promise to help with a phone and fax, was a lie, and I had to have a phone included. So he said okay, that was fine, and then the next thing I knew, he was trying to get me to sign papers without the phone specified, when other things were specified. So I asked that this be spelled out and increase the rent from 6, oh, oops, $600, to $650 as an allowance for my long distance calls and faxes.

He wrote it in and I signed. Then he never got it hooked up. There hasn't been a phone ever. So I asked today when the phone line was going in because that was part of the whole deal, and he said after he got paid.

So then the community action woman, Linda Price, comes in and I explained to her that I needed to get the phone going and he needed rent money first before he would hook it up so she stands there and tells me she's going to have to "check on some things and get back to you", telling me it's going to take some time and she doesn't think I need 2 bedrooms because I'm probably not getting my son back.

I told her the point was to have a room to set things up for my son at, and she's known this for months, and she was fine with everything until...

Oh, oops. I guess until I decided to blow the lid off of the SHIT in Wenatchee and this whole NW area, and decided to find out how to get an investigation going.

No comments: