Tuesday, December 9, 2008

images

i have no idea what i was writing here below, but i just
followed what i saw but it was all distorted so this doesn't make sense. i need a nap.

Under the mailbox, inbetween flyswatter screen, green
bus yellow, school bus hurling down the road
onto your porch, through the door, past the royal deep purple curtains
her hair is so long and straight, almost black, to her waist
she touches the velvet cloth, purple like her nightdress
bent to kiss the filigree, inbetween flyswatter screen
Millicent fair and fond of beauty
polishing her apples, smiling with a rosy glow
my bowl is wire and gold and carries
golden orbs we eat, golden apples to cap a bad tooth
such a bad, bad, sweet tooth
capitalize on your youth, fan your hands out to the turquoise sea,
smile briefly as you bring a comb down
all the things to find
invisible to a naked eye, one that watches spiders crawl on the wall
on the floor like a scorpion towards your mouth
swallow the fly? or swallow the spider that catches the fly...
kiss me Kate, i'm falling
kiss me now or never
before shadows come between us, the flyswatter screen
goodnight old moonlight ladies, he sings, rockabye sweet baby james
hammock swinging in the breeze
he is slinging an ax without a shirt like they did long ago
bronze and plaid flannel at the waist
campire blazing
golden apples glowing, in a picnic basket on the table
checkered red and white lining
one cider passed around, and an orange moon is setting
champagne is so silly but we brought glasses
plastic clink and toast
bubbles rise and all their children are caught in the eye
of the firelight
faces in the orbs rising
the future
rising without me, like a sleeping beauty from the grave
one poisoned apple will spoil the bunch
he said, and sang rockabye sweet baby james
how many of you will jump if i jump? do you know
who you are jumping for?
you have no idea who you're sleeping with
i tell you, you have no idea
but you'll jump into the blue sea for me
because of the way my hair fans out into a golden triangle
in the water, you see my water sign, my fortune, and my gold
you see the fishtail for my feet
and smile, knowing, but just discovering a good luck charm
how long can you hold your breath?
do you like marco polo?
how far down will you go before coming up again?
there is the lock, remember, you said you'd bat for me
you will jingle the chains until i am free
before we both drown, apples in our mouths
gags
my pointed pink slippers with the gold toe
my green sheer robe, pale spring green
looking for the flyswatter in a palace, rockabye sweet baby james
he sings, as she scours the ceiling for flies
by the hearth, it is cold even with the fire burning
a rock fireplace built so long ago, when this little girl
was picking stones out of the tilled ground
haycart on a very bumpy road, holding onto the hay
i was at a private school autumn festival
there's a song that they sing of, when they take to the sea, he sings
goodnight all you moonlight ladies, rockabye sweet baby james
tie me with the colors of your threads
something for my wrist, or wrists, take one or two
do not let me go, when we come up for air, do not let me go
break the mirror and 7 years of bad luck
break it again and a lifetime of love
something special
***************************************************

No comments: