Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Marie the "Christian" (Feb. 26, 2008)

My mother thinks Marie isn't lying because she's a "christian":

RE: Marie‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Tue 2/26/08 4:24 PM
To: dicksiedael@aol.com


Yeah, well I'm not usually wrong about this sort of thing and I DO know that she hasn't been working with me and has delayed and lied about things. Just because someone says they're christian, like Pamela for example, doesn't mean they are or care about me or have good judgment about me.

I talked to this lawyer and he IS GOOD. He says we should be able to get Oliver back even at fact finding. He says THEY have to PROVE i'm too incompetent to care for him and he doubts this very much.

And, he says change of venue would be easy. He KNOWS mark belanger and while he says he's a nice guy, he's only done a couple of custody cases and he mainly does TAX law. Bob has 37 years experience in custody stuff and WINS, and he worked as an Army Investigator for years before that. He also has a daughter who suffers from migraines and is sympathetic and understanding. Says he knows, from experience and practice, how to line up the facts for what the judge wants, to win our case.

He thinks it would cost, even with change of venue, $5,000-10,000 at MOST, not 20,000-30,000 like Mark Belanger said. ANd he would want a $3,500 retainer to start and then work from there and would do an independent mental health evaluation ASAP. He knows someone named Dr. Olds, who is a phD and psychiatrist he would use.

He said CPS cannot and should not be taking Oliver from me. He is confident and said that instead of meeting me for the basics, like we did over the phone, he wants to spend 2 hours with me, and have me bring all medical records, all the way back, and a timeline, and about problems with the doctors in Wenatchee and when they started reporting me to CPS, etc., and he wants ALL court docs, and CPS discovery,and everything, to bring to an appointment with him THIS Friday at 11:30 p.m. in Bellingham. He said he could give a full analysis of what we've got and how it looks and what he would and could do, reasonably, with what he's looking at--the facts.

The guy is completely professional and thorough. He COULD help me get Oliver back. And, he has really good experience AND the only thing is, I need to bring $500 for his time to go over all the documents for the case and the 2 hours and his final evalaution and analysis. If we have a good fit and feel for everything, he'll represent me. His secretary is sooo nice too. I like both of them and she said the fact he's scheduling the 2 hour appt. is a good sign.

I told him my case was complicated and high maintenance and a challenge, and she said he's taken challenging cases in the past, but it would be up to him.

The guy is WAY better than Belanger, and he's CHEAPER, and knows what he's doing.

Can you wire me, or HIM, $500 for Friday? He wants to look at everything. Also, I'll need to be able to get into my boxes or things so I can pick up records and charts to take to him and I'll probably have to put them in a suitcase it'll be so much. I need someone to help me with this when I'm in town. Can you talk to your family about it?

He says he'll talk to you guys, but that I would be his client, and he can't violate the attorney-client relatoinship unless I"m present or there, and he doesn't want to have to "convince" you of anything. He said it's between me and him, and that the money is between us. He'll talk to you guys if I want you there, or over the phone, but he's treating me like the adult and parent I am.

Can you start out with a $500 loan? I'll find out a lot from him. He's going to put together a full analysis with probabilities and advice after looking at all the docs no other lawyer has looked at, and then say what he thinks he can do and the likely outcome.

Cameo

________________________________
> To: cameocares@live.com
> Subject: Marie
> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:23:58 -0500
> From: dicksiedael@aol.com
>
> Hey Cameo, I just wanted to let you know that Holly went to cps today thinking you were having visitation, so she took Oliver down. Guess they'd left her a message that it's changed to Thursday, but she didn't get the message in time and thought you were coming
> (Holly did) today. Anyhow, she met Marie, said she seemed really nice. Then she told her "You look really familiar somehow, have we ever met before?". Marie said she didn't think so, but a lot of people know her dad...said her maiden name was Magnotti. Holly then said(!) "Bruce, or Mike?" Marie said "Mike". We KNOW the Magnottis! Bruce and Mike are both Christians, Mike has even preached or spoken at Holly's church. Your Dad, grandparents, Locklyn, Holly, me, we ALL know and like the Magnotti's. They got saved and went to the same church (Bethesda) that Dad and I met and got married in. Marie also said she "is NOT Catholic". She didn't say one way or another to Holly, but I personally would 'guess' that she is a Christian. Holly really liked her and had previously said she 'sounded really nice on the phone'. Cameo, I have said this before, but you tend to have a 'combative' attitude about you and I'm guessing (mind you, I do NOT "KNOW" but am making an educated guess here) that if she has been rude to you, it's been partly imagined by you and/or partly brought on by the way you treated her. She also did say that if you decide you DO want a court appointed attorney, just let cps or the attorney general(?) know, and it can be arranged. She also said they would be wanting a 'full psychological evaluation' done and that we could have independant, but would be smart to check with them so as to cover what they want covered. OR, she said the state would pay for it if they order it, and she said if you don't trust Wenatchee doctors to do it, they could have someone from Bellingham do it. I think it would be someone with a state contract, but it doesn't have to be from Wenatchee. She also told Holly that they just want to see you get what help you need so that they can feel good about seeing you and Oliver back together. Now, Marie, of course, isn't in charge of everything, but Holly thinks she's very sincere. Holly had mentioned that to me previously and much more so after meeting her and finding out who her family is. You were wrong about her being Catholic. I doubt this will change any of your feelings/attitudes, but it certainly does reassure me personally. Not that there isn't concern, but I do think if you just try being civil, reasonable, respectful, youll get much farther in this whole process.
>
> Hope you got my message that the email on that attorney didn't work. I tried, it got returned. I checked my spelling, it was what you'd put.
> Love, Mom
> ______________

No comments: