Saturday, December 13, 2008

music today

Listened to "Let The Walls Fall Down" first thing. An old gospel song, but good one. Then, to Alison Krause's "Down By The River To Pray" and now "When You Say Nothing At All", then "The Lucky One" and now her cover of "Missing You".

I got back on the computer and have listened to "Missing You" several times.

I really like this. I've listened to it over and over. It's a duet with John Waite, who I'm not really familiar with, but I like this. It makes me want to join in, on a higher harmony. This song could actually get by with 3 vocal parts. I like two, but a third top note, could add punch towards the end.

hahahahhA! I just looked up John Waite and he's the guy who originally DID this song, in the 80s! I am so musically uneducated (but trying to catch up). Anyway, I love it. I'll have to listen to his 80s one later. And he's British! Another Brit.

Another Alison Krause song, "Let Me Touch You For A While". This is a pretty good song too. Wow. This one is really well done. I love the mandolin or whatever that instrument is that makes the echoey sound--is it guitar with a finger thing? i forget what they're called. steel guitar? Good lyrics too, and I'm noticing she sings a lot of songs about whiskey, or that mention whiskey.

I really like the song and video to "You're The Lucky One". I like the video a lot, even though it's simple, and Krause comes across great, with her expressions and the meaning of the song (intended in the video to a young man she has observed).

No comments: