Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Dream Last Night

I had a weird dream last night. Or maybe I had this dream when I napped. It was one where I know it was just a jumble of lots of thoughts, all mixed up together, but it played out in a scenario.

I reunited with this old high school friend. She still looked good, and she said she was sorry about what had happened. Then I saw hickeys on her neck and we were both back in our hometown, and I wondering where she got them (they weren't from her partner). Then, bit by bit, things started coming out. She said her husband had left with her children--had taken them all away. I asked how and if he left a note and she said no. He was Canadian and fled the country with her kids and moved to Ontario. They were divorced or getting divorced and then he left.

I asked why Canada and she said he was Canadian and worked for the counter-terrorism intelligence unit there.

So we were standing then in the middle of a van and I gave her a hug and she was so firm until I did and then she began to sob out loud. I noticed then that a car was behind, following and that to the side, up on a hill, someone was rambling by in a black flatbed truck, in an orchard, and looking over at us.

Then I woke up. I didn't know what I thought. I was sort of her, or identified with her, but her story was different too. I have no idea where Canada, Ontario, and counter-terrorism stuff came in.

No comments: