Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Heart

One of the first things I noticed, when I got pregnant with this last one, was how my heart seemed to be working very hard--harder than in my first pregnancy. I sometimes felt it couldn't keep up and had a couple arrythmias and things. With my shirt off, you could see my heart pounding, right under the ribcage, it was visible,and seemed stressed.

It wouldn't affect a fetus, but I wonder if my heart is different after what happened to me and my son. There is research that shows one of the main risks for women getting pregnant after radiation (even 6 months later) or any kind of radiology, is that the heart has been affected by it and it can cause problems.

So I wondered. It's supposed to be one of the number one risks. But I may never know.

No comments: