Monday, December 8, 2008

No D&C

I've decided not to have a D&C. I was to schedule one today, but I'm not going to do it. I'm just going to let it happen naturally. Usually, it happens within one-two weeks from the time of death. There's some research that says it can be as soon as 1-2 days, but I've no signs of it happening yet. No blood, no spotting, nothing. It's going to take awhile for my body to figure this out and I'll just wait it out.

I was too scared to do this in the hospital--I wanted an immediate D&C because I didn't want to wait and think about it. But now I feel stronger. I can take it, and I can accept it. And I want to see, for myself, my baby.

I may see if I can take in some part of tissue (not the actual fetus but tissue) to be analyzed for chromosomal stuff or whatever they do for autopsy. I would like to know for my own piece of mind. But I also want to bury my baby. I don't know where I'll do it, but I'm going to do it by myself.

I do everything by myself.

No comments: