Monday, December 8, 2008

music today

I'm listening to Sting. First, Fields of Gold, and then I listened to "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone" and now I guess, "Shape of My Heart".

I've also listened to "It's Probably Me" by Clapton and Sting, several times. What an excellent song. I used to have the CD that had this song on it. That was so long ago. If any song is a fitting song for me, it might be this one. I wish I had that person who was speaking up for me though.

Now listening to the #1 stalker song: Every Breath You Take. Just what you want from a secret admirer in your mailbox--a copy of this song.

Listened to "King of Pain". Now listening to "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"--really like this one. I also like "Doo doo doo, dah dah dah" (that one)...I think this one is one of Police's very best. Yes! and I love the lyrics. I also like the lyrics to "Spirits In The Material World". The Police and Sting seem so suburbia somehow, but really great lyrics. Isn't Sting another one of those English majors? I think I heard that once.\

Done with Sting now. Onto Bjork. "All Is Human Love".

Ohmi...I just found an amazing video and song (everyone found before me already)--
"Cocoon" by Bjork. This is the most beautiful song, lyrics, melody, and the video is so god-damn brave and artistic I can't stand it. I adore the lyrics and this song. This one makes me cry. Bjork is too much for me right now.

Moved on to Bliss, "Wish You Were Here". I love the beginning. It's singing in South African I think. "Kissing" is another pretty song by Bliss. They are an indie band from Denmark. "We could fly/you and I/on a cloud/kissing". Another good one by Bliss is "Don't Look Back"

I've listened to "Bette Davis Eyes" by Kim Carnes and then Gwyneth Paltrow. Paltrow is such a hidden talent singer. I like Carnes' version better, but Paltrow has a beautiful tone. I really like her in the duet with Huey Lewis.

Listening to "Fix You" by Coldplay, over and over.

No comments: