Monday, December 8, 2008

Doctor Tries To Blame "The Big Black Doctor"

One thing I wondered about, at the hospital where I had the MRI, was why this one doctor, Dr. Douglass (woman) was trying to persuade me I had talked to a different doctor than who I talked to, and was trying to say he was the only one who authorized the MRI.

She kept trying to tell me it was Dr. William Blair, and yes, he was the one who signed off on the consent (and I have no hard feelings and do not blame anyone for anything because I took partial responsibility), but it was a different doctor who first asked for it and sent me to radiology.

Dr. Douglass acted really nervous and kept trying to say it was a different doctor, and I wasn't mad, upset, or accusing anyone of anything. She was young and pretty, and maybe she thought she was protecting the other doctor, who was also young and goodlooking. She kept telling me it was "the big black doctor".

The doctor who first saw me and had me to to radiology was a young white guy with hair in a ponytail, by the name of Stephen P. Davis.

I don't hold anything against anyone, but I still question why she was trying to get Blair to take all the responsibility. It seemed a little odd and I don't know what her motive was. She was very nervous about it.

So what if it was Dr. Davis? What? Did he know the father of my baby? Was he romantically connected to her? I don't know.

Dr. Davis is the one I saw, and he sent me to radiology and the radiologist was talking to him and then later, to Blair, and Blair signed the thing.

No, I've no intention of suing anyone over this, and I'm not upset with anyone either. I felt they listened to me, and were trying to do the right thing, and I respect that.

I'm not suing "the big, black doctor" or the "young, funny, white, doctor" either.

My favorite one of them all, though, was the Russian OBGYN. I don't know her name, but I'm thankful to her and if she ever reads this, and probably won't, thank you for talking to me and being concerned. You made everything easier for me.

No comments: