Saturday, December 13, 2008

Prologue to a Catholic Man's Letters Regarding Clergy Abuse

from a correspondence sent today, from the Catholic man whose wife was preyed upon by a monk. I tried to attach the pdf by cut and paste so I could remove names, but it wouldn't allow it, so the letter from the Catholic school director is not included here, but is a commendation of character:

I am sending a "letter" from the principle of the school where my daughter attend. I ran the Intramural (omitted for privacy) l program which involved about 130 kids from 1st to 6th grade. Before I started the program, my daughters always played sports at the local YMCA leagues in town. It always amazed me that the YMCA would have the kids say a little sportsman's prayer before each game, even though these were public leagues. It was then that I realized that we as Catholic Schools didn't even say a prayer before any of our Intramural games. How ironic. So, instead of asking a negative question to the School like "Why don't we say any prayers before the games?", I asked it this way. "Shouldn't we have a standardized prayer before each game for the kids?" By asking it that way, it gave the impression that we do pray but just not the same prayer all the time, when in reality, there were no prayers. Their response was great. They said why not the Our Father for the boys game and the Hail Mary for the girls. So that is why I am sharing this letter with you.

Please reaffirm me that you will selectively omit the ex's name and mine in any of the emails. I have no problem leaving Fr. Basil Burns name or his nicknames on any of the emails.

I truly live by these words............

"A real man has no problem speaking the Truth, just as a real man no problem answering to the Truth."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama, were there any actions or measures taken against this monk?

Anonymous said...

Mama, have measures or actions taken against this monk?

Anonymous said...

Have measures or actions taken against this monk?

Anonymous said...

Just as the alter boy scandals were just "hushed" and the offenders were just tapped on the hand and told...(that's a no-no), the same has happened here. The Abbott was approached on 3 separate occasions, each showing a continued habit of innapropriate emails, phone logs, etc. I guess the mind set of "but look at all the good things he does in his religous life" overides the other behavior. Remember, it's how you act when no one is looking, is what truely defines us.

Mama said...

Dear Anonymous:

I have found the evidence doesn't matter to them unless they feel it will be used against them in court. They don't expect their own church members to sue them, so it doesn't matter what they see--they already know. If you are NOT a church member, it's a huge pogram about how that person is just anti-Catholic, a liar, and trying to tear us apart. I was never worried about religion affiliation until I experienced so much religious hate crime.

It's true that good things should be counted to someone (I think) but that doesn't excuse crime and there should be repatriation for the damage done.

Thank you for your comment. It is really horrible, almost equally horrible for men and women. For men, they get caused wimps or are made to feel shamed as if it's less manly when it has nothing to do with that at all. For women, it gets called "dangerous liason" and she's a seductress who should have known better.

The lawyers are the worst, but they only act upon directives of their employers.