Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Visit With My Son (Winnie-the-Pooh Big Hit)

Onto the good things. My son was in good spirits. One of his eyes looked bloodshot, on one side in particular. On the left side of his face his eye was bloodshot. Not a lot, but a little bit on the other side. I still felt like I detected a throw up smell, and yet I forgot to ask again and don't want to pressure him either. But I don't know, and his eyes were sort of bloodshot, but he seemed okay in general except for his burn and maybe his eyes.

He tried to heal my hand and make it "better" and he also tried to give me juice to take care of the hot or spicy peanuts. I first gave him a drink and then he turned around and did it for me.

He came in and wanted to see what I brought. I bought new brushes and glue but left a bag behind. I had a bunch of other bags with me. I gave my son a candle to take with him and he likes blowing them out, like it's his perpetual birthday.

Then I played with him on the builder kit, with the mobile tool-kit building station and then we spent some time eating salad and he said, "I like leaves!" as he was eating spinach. I said, "Yes, these are spinach leaves" and he ate them with a dressing and then other things as well. He started dancing to the song from the 70s or 80s about a party or something. We read a book, The Little Engine That Could and he loved it. He started saying, "I think I can I think I can!" under his breath after we'd read it twice. He asked what color one engine was and I said it was "maroon" and he said "what's that?" and I said "It's red and purple together." So he said under his breath, "red and purple, red and purple". The only part I almost cried at was where it says the little engine says she's never been over the mountain, or on the other side before. My son had this delighted look on his face the whole way through.

Oh, we first played with a car and a little house. Someone a while ago, has given me the "number" of "8" and there was only one car sitting out there for my son to play with, a car that had an 8 on it. So this was actually the first thing he was playing with. He was playing with this and then had the salad. After the book, he wanted a treasure hunt.

It was very cute because he was really into the treasure hunt and found a lolipop and we sang this song, and then he wanted to find his yogurt so we did that too. So then we had the treasure hunt a few times and he wanted the Pooh book.

This was very, very, cute. It is a chapter book, by A.A. Milne and it wasn't a picture book. It had very few pictures and more words, but while it was longer in words than the Little Engine That Could, this one held his attention. He was so happy to have it read and didn't want to stop with just the first chapter. He wanted to read the entire book! I think he would have sat through the entire book. I read the entire first chapter to him and he wanted the rest of the book. It was a long chapter, at least 20-30 pages and mainly text. I was very proud of him.

He liked the theme of the Little Engine but I think some parts were too repetitious for him and he prefered looking at the pictures. However, when he got to the Pooh book, he just wanted more and more. At first, he had to adjust, and he was looking for more pictures but then he realized there were no more but he got caught up in the story and I said I was proud of him bc when we don't have pictures we use our imagination and I knew he had a good one, and we can see pictures in our minds. He nodded, like, "How does she know?"

I wish he were with me! He would be doing so many more things!

He really stalled in leaving and for the first time ever, refused to put his coat on to leave. So she told him to leave anyway and he said "Don't leave Mama" and walked out backwards, waving, waving, and blowing kisses. He did NOT want to leave. He was slower than ever, and kept looking back and waving and blowing kisses. He didn't want to leave.

No comments: