Thursday, December 25, 2008

CPS Orders Wenatchee Medical Evals for Oliver (March 25, 2008)

RE: Request For State Mental Health Eval.‏
From: cam huegenot (cameocares@live.com)
Sent: Tue 3/25/08 11:36 PM
To: Scanlon, Marie (DSHS/CA) (scnl300@dshs.wa.gov)
Cc: Caballero, Tomas (ATG) (tomasc@atg.wa.gov)
I found out just today that you have had my son see a speech therapist without consulting me first.

Not ONCE was I informed about any appointments, or who you were recommending, and you did not even fill me in on the evaluations or results.

I believe you are out of bounds. The state does not have custody and legal guardianship of my son until after they win a fact finding, if they do. In the meantime, my requests and wishes are to be considered.

I am finding out that my son had an intake almost a month ago, without my consent or knowledge, and then was visited and "evaluated" by 2 therapists from Wenatchee. I have specifically NOT wanted my son to receive specialized care by anyone in Wenatchee. I think you know this and that this is why you chose to conceal this entire affair. Finally, you are setting up appointments for someone to go over and "work" with him about his "speech issues", which I was aware of A YEAR AGO and asked doctors for help about and was IGNORED. My son doesn't need to work with a "speech therapist". He needs a fucking MRI to find out why he went from talking easily and early to not speaking a lot. And I want him to learn sign language. I worked with him about communication and it was distressing to him because he knows he used to be able to talk and now he can't. He tries, and he can't do it. Something has happened and it is not a result of "neglect" or because I quit "communicating" with him. I communicated with my son and read to him every single day.

I want to know why you have neglected to inform his mother about your intentions, medical appointments, and evaluations.

It had better be good because I'm just about to make all of this public.

Cameo

> Subject: RE: Request For State Mental Health Eval.
> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 08:43:05 -0700
> From: SCNL300@dshs.wa.gov
> To: cameocares@live.com
> CC: TomasC@ATG.WA.GOV
>
> Cameo,
>
> I will be calling today and setting up an appointment for you. I will
> get the first available date possible. I'll let you know what I find
> out. Thanks for your willingness.
>
> Have a great day!
>
> Marie Scanlon
> Social Worker III
> Wenatchee DCFS
> (509) 667-6142
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cam huegenot [mailto:cameocares@live.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 8:39 AM
> To: Scanlon, Marie (DSHS/CA); Caballero, Tomas (ATG)
> Subject: Request For State Mental Health Eval.
>
>
>
> Marie and Caballero,
>
> Please address my request to have a mental health evaluation by the
> psychiatrist of your choice (in Bellingham if that is alright) ASAP.
>
> I want this out of the way before the next hearing, and if you care
> about my son's best interest, and the TRUTH of my state of mind and
> risk, I think you will agree with me about arranging an expedited
> evaluation.
>
> Thanks .
>
> Cameo
>

No comments: