Monday, December 22, 2008

The Department Gives CASA Wrong Address For Me

I found out Rob was not a lawyer in Wenatchee, but elsewhere, and has lived in Wenatchee a long time.

I also found out why I didn't get the report from CASA because they got wrong information from the department, which would probably be Michelle Erickson.

I called Sue Baker and told her I wanted to talk to her about some things and she said okay, and I asked why she hadn't mailed me a copy of the report which was filed prior to the last hearing. She said she did.

I told her I didn't get it, and asked her where it was sent, and to what address. She said she got it from social services, not the AG office. She said the report was mailed on 11/21/08, which is just 5 days before the hearing of 11/26/08. I told her I didn't get it and that I should have been mailed things in advance, that 4-5 days before the hearing wasn't enough time.

She said CASA has a rule of having to send out mailings 10 days before a hearing, but that they got the wrong address from the department and when they tried to go to the Wenatchee post office, the post office told them the zip code was wrong and it wouldn't be deliverable.

So then CASA tried to get the right zip code and social services (the department) couldn't "find it" and didn't get back to them until just a few days before the hearing.

CASA said it was mailed via certified delivery, requiring a signature and had a confirmation note of receipt as well. They said they hadn't received anything back from the post office.

I told CASA that if it had reached the address for mailing at the proper time, I would have been notified to come pick it up and that I had mail. I checked before the hearing, and I had NO mail, from either CASA OR "the department".

The department didn't mail me a copy of their motions and ISSP and they gave CASA the wrong address, when they've had the same address for months, and managed to finally mail me a box of "discovery", over one month after the Fact Finding hearing was held.

They mailed the box of discovery to me after it was impossible for me to appeal. And they mailed it to an address they couldn't get right, for giving me proper service prior to the last hearing.

This is a pattern by the department, of withholding discovery from me prior to hearings, giving others incorrect information which delays the process and affects my rights, and of withholding evidence.

No comments: