Friday, January 2, 2009

ER Calls With Actual Blood Count

Spitzer just called back with the last CBC that was taken a few hours before my discharge:

White blood cell count: 8.2
Red blood cell count: 2.87
Hemoglobin: 9.2
Hemocrit: 25.1

I don't know what the other nurse was saying, but it's strange she got 2.29. I remember she told me it was 2.2something.

Anyway, my cramps are awful and the bleed continues. I asked if they would do some kind of evaluation of my blood for clotting or any other disorder and they refused.

I'll have to do research and find out what these other results mean. I'm still wondering why the nurse got a 7.something for my blood count, and then a 2.2something for hemocrit.

Anyway, I'll have to add to my other post, about my "argument" with Spitzer over the actions of Cytotec and Methergine. She quit talking after that. Because I fucking knew what I was talking about, and knew more than she fucking expected me to know.

I liked the intern who was with her. I don't know her name, but I liked her, and I didn't "dislike" Spitzer--we just clashed on opinion.

No comments: