Saturday, December 29, 2012

Height 5'5" and Shoe Size 7 1/2-8 1/2

I made a post about a doctor and a cop calling me a "liar" for saying I was 5'5". This was after another doctor had measured me and he was the one to tell me I was 5'5"--I didn't come up with the idea.

I grew.

I mean, people can still grow after high school and I did.

I updated that post but I'll add it here. I wasn't lying, because I checked and I am 5'5" still and my shoe size is between size 7 and size 8 1/2.

It was 7-7 1/2 in high school, but now, in a running shoe, I take an 8 1/2. My other slip on tennis shoes are 7 1/2 and they fit fine.

So my feet grew and I grew in height. I am not a liar and why was it so important then anyway?

It was this huge issue, for this doctor, to insist I was 5'4" and not 5'5".

I still want to know why.

I mean, it wasn't a small thing--he made it into a huge deal and then a cop did the same thing. I thought, "Why does he even care?" He kept saying I couldn't add a 1/2. I had always said 5'4" 1/2. Five four and a half. Then people were getting weird and telling me I couldn't add a 1/2 anymore. And THEN I grew and I was 5'5" and this one Dr. flipped out about it. Okay, let me explain...this is how weird it was. Imagine a doctor who gets bright red in the face, and the veins are popping out in his throat as he leans at you and YELLS, "You are NOT five-five. You're LYING!" I mean, is this what you expect when the nurse hands the doctor your medical chart for a first visit? I mean, it's shocking enough, and so unexpected, that it's something you never forget and you start to think, "What in the world is going on?" First of all, it was the first time I'd ever met him and secondly, why does he even care? and finally, he is yelling at me with rage and spite over this??

My mother takes an 8 running shoe.

And she and I both have one bunion on one part of one foot. For both of us, it's our right foot, and it's the knobby part outside of the big toe. On my Mom it's a little lower, almost underfoot, and for me, it's right on the side.

My mother's feet are really pretty. She is over 20 years older and her feet look younger than mine. They're very narrow, super-high instep, and slender elongated toes without any knobs or knuckles showing. She is told she has a narrow foot, and esp. heel. My toes are very bony looking and veiny. I have a narrow heel too, and high arch. Her second-to-big toe is longer than mine, but it doesn't look bad. Granny has an even longer second toe.

I think when Gannon was due, her feet hurt and she was uncomfortable. Gannon due is a little different from Xanandu isn't it? Gannon was murdered by a group i this country. It's been a generational murder-scheme. My unborn were murdered as well.

I've bought white tennis shoes with blue accents my entire life. I've never had a non-white running shoe and the accent has always been turquoise or blue. I had a New Balance hiking shoe that was super comfortable, but my running shoes have always been white with blue accent.

No comments: