Sunday, January 3, 2010

Visionings Meeting & Peace Processes

I feel very encouraged and discouraged all at the same time. For one thing, talking about peace and conflicts which are viable on the surface feels strange when there are all kinds of things that go on beneath the surface, over which very few people have control over. And I really don't even know what people want out of ME, anymore. I cannot be 3 different people and make everyone happy and I wouldn't even know where to begin making people happy.

I sometimes feel like I am very in love with someone I don't even know. But that seems absurd. I don't even know what the heck I'm doing with my life. One man asked me today what field I was going into, of work, and I said, "I don't know, maybe when I know kind of field I'm in here, I'll try to learn to play the field."

This guy tonight was almost a William look-a-like, but not quite, but he was from Ireland. Northern Ireland, and he had a great accent, was articulate, and it was fun to listen to him.

I had no idea.

I was so thrown for a loop, because I'd thought our speaker tonight was some 70 year man who went to climate thing in Copenhaagen. No, this guy was young, I don't know how old, maybe mid 20s to early 30s. He was the boyfriend of the daughter of someone who goes to this group. I didn't feel that the daughter liked me, but since she was born in Wenatchee, maybe #1, I should have assumed, and #2, I should expect some won't like my notice. Her boyfriend was more open but who knows what he's heard, and he was nervous, but did a good job in the presentation.

I had a feeling about the direction their relationship will take--they won't stay together for very much longer. My personal intuitive opinion. One tip for her...she shouldn't rub her stockinged feet against his thighs while he's trying to give a lecture...it's distracting and inappropriate in a group setting with strangers. Oh, oopss...beep beep! got a message from google ads about conflict resolution. Well, maybe conflict resolution begins with identifying problems in the first place.

Strangly, of all things, both he and she sort of looked like the people I dreamed about last night...she looked like the bored woman I saw in Ireland. As far as I know, she likes her work, but she looked like that woman. And he? he pretty much looked like the man I saw. It was very weird. His hair wasn't quite as fluffy but he had the same kind of face and build that I saw in my dream. And what's weird, is that I did not know they have been living in Ireland, and my dream was partly about Ireland.

Anyway, the first half was about sustainable economies and environments and the second half was about peace processes. My favorite part was about the peace processes.
*********
Song that came to mind: "Til There Was You" by El Beatles.

No comments: